Author Topic: Teaching, freaking out, flare?  (Read 7738 times)

meow

Re: Teaching, freaking out, flare?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2014, 01:56:46 PM »
I didn't mean to hijack the thread into such a negative zone. I am just concurring that teaching is way more stressful than most people imagine. Physically, mentally and emotionally.

I am writing a novel, and hope that I can supplement my retirement by writing. Writing is extremely intense work, but it's pretty much self-paced at the beginning of the process, so a bit less stressful than the demands of teaching.
I refuse to tiptoe quietly through life, only to arrive safely at death's door.

Sjogrens, Hashimotos, CFS.  Also, fast approaching CRS Syndrome ;)

Nymph

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2014, 02:31:14 PM »
You didn't hijack it at all. This is the kind of information I am after.  :)
38 y.o. teacher; anti-CCP+, RF+, otherwise seronegative; POTS; Plaquenil, Allegra, Depakote, Neurolink, C, probiotic, multi-V, magnesium, quercetin, NAC, DHEA, fish oil, D3, turmeric, ubiquinol; <3 my neti pot

Nymph

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2014, 06:14:19 PM »
LadyDi,

I have been thinking more about the physical demands of ultrasound. It seems like they would vary based on setting (e.g. specialty clinic vs. inpatient). However, one thing that concerns me and gives me pause is the repetitive hand and wrist movements. I only have a little arthritis, mostly during flares, at this point. The main area I have problems in, though, is my wrists. When I drive too much they bother me. Also sometimes when they are supporting something heavy, such as lifting a pan. I do not have RA at this point but do have biomarkers that indicate I will probably end up with it. This leads me away from ultrasound as the best possibility since one of my main goals is to be able to stay away from disability and keep working as long as possible.

I don't know that this rules out ultrasound but it definitely is a concern.

Anyway, thank you for your input. That was something I needed to think about.
38 y.o. teacher; anti-CCP+, RF+, otherwise seronegative; POTS; Plaquenil, Allegra, Depakote, Neurolink, C, probiotic, multi-V, magnesium, quercetin, NAC, DHEA, fish oil, D3, turmeric, ubiquinol; <3 my neti pot

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 05:20:52 AM »
Dear Nymph,

I wish you well on going through this decision making process for finding a job that you can 'manage' with your conditions.

It is an important process, and one that will evolve. 

If you have learned a relaxation and meditation technique, that can be very helpful, both in helping you 'let go' of the past and the future and stay in the moment.  And it can help open your mind to ideas that evolve when you are in meditation.

So often we believe we have to 'think' our way through problems....when 'thinking too much'  is part of the problem!

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,79-CVID-pSJS-WMD (Eylea) C-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamx-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Om. 3-Naltrexone-Esomep.

Nymph

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2014, 07:49:54 AM »
So true!   8)