Author Topic: Sjogrens: Viking Warrior Disease!  (Read 22074 times)

evamarie

Re: Sjogrens: Viking Warrior Disease!
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2010, 01:56:41 PM »
I am new here.  Just recently diagnosed with Sjogren's.  My family is from Italy and Scotland. 

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2010, 03:01:41 PM »
Hello Evamarie  :)

Welcome to Sjogren's world.

I hope you find the site useful. It's certainly friendly and supportive.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Patze

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2010, 03:46:30 PM »
Hi Evamarie,

Let me also welcome you to the SJS World and family!  Like Scottie mentioned, please do look around as there is so much information here that it's almost scary!  :)

Can you tell us a bit more about yourself so the members can get to know you a bit better?

Again, welcome, and I hope that you'll be able to join us in the chat room soon.  You can find the schedule by clicking on the chat option at the top of this page.

Take care of yourself -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

evamarie

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »
I was diagnosed about 2 months ago.  I had 2 sets of blood work both with positive ANA.  Last week I went for my lip biopsy and I am waiting for the results of that.  Since I was diagnosed, I have tried to read books as well as posts here so that I can to learn more about this disease.  I HATE IT!!!!!  I hate having Sjogren's.  This site has really helped and I have been doing better with some of the dietary changes that I have made (due to the information I got here). 
I try to keep a positive attitude and my family has really been great.  I am trying to deal with some of the stress in my life, which seems to make my aches and pains much worse. 

Julie

• My reflection is not ME any more.
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2010, 05:33:31 PM »
I am Irish, German, and Cherokee.  I also have read that Native Americans are prone to a lot of the afflictions that I have.  Lucky me!   ::)

meow

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2010, 01:08:21 PM »
>>>I am Scottish and Irish all the way back on both sides. Our family was involved in the Duncan Project--a group of geneticists trying to track down the royal Duncan line<<<

Hey meow!

My mother-in-law is Scots-Irish on her mother's side.  Her mom's maiden name was Duncan.  I wonder if you two are related??
Could be! My dad's side  came in through Savannah in the 1700s, and  eventually settled in Arkansas/Oklahoma.
There are a lot of Duncans. My son's English teacher is one, also!
I refuse to tiptoe quietly through life, only to arrive safely at death's door.

Sjogrens, Hashimotos, CFS.  Also, fast approaching CRS Syndrome ;)

Blue Kat

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2010, 03:35:00 PM »
I call myself a European mutt.  I think I pretty much have everything in me except African or Asian.  lol

Navigator

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2010, 02:34:08 PM »
I am half Irish and half Lithuanian which counts as Scandinavian as it was just a hop, skip and a jump from Finland... so now it all makes sense...
Hashimotos thyroiditis, Primary SJS, IBS, autoimmune hearing loss, leucopenia, arthritis,asthma.
Synthroid, Plaquenil, Crestor, Evoxac,Vit D , Fish Oil, Restasis, Daily Walking, Sleep, Baby aspirin, Probiotic, avoid gluten,dairy and sugar, hearing aide, gratitude, big dog

Navigator

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2010, 02:37:27 PM »
Oh and on those with Russian ancestry...Rus....means VIKING.  Russia was founded by Viking warriers who ruled the first Russian state....they are just everywhere!!!!
Hashimotos thyroiditis, Primary SJS, IBS, autoimmune hearing loss, leucopenia, arthritis,asthma.
Synthroid, Plaquenil, Crestor, Evoxac,Vit D , Fish Oil, Restasis, Daily Walking, Sleep, Baby aspirin, Probiotic, avoid gluten,dairy and sugar, hearing aide, gratitude, big dog

Johnson

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2010, 07:59:37 PM »
How interesting.  Like a mini-research project.

German-French-Native American here.

Blue Kat

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2010, 01:26:14 PM »
I found this interesting site where you can order a kit to have your DNA sampled and find out where your ancestors came from: http://www.dnaancestryproject.com/?gclid=CKORvv2ntqACFRBM5Qodb0cJUw.  I'm thinking of doing it myself since I've been doing my family's genealogy for years and I think it'd be interesting to see what else I might have in me that I don't know about.

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2010, 02:02:48 PM »
Well, of course we THINK we know all of our ancestry.   But, well, people do slip around the corner a bit, if you know what I mean!   I'm German and English mostly, that I KNOW of.   Close enough no doubt.

I imagine it has had some positive benefits.  I never had a cold until I was in my 20's and probably have had fewer than 10 in my 68 years!

But the last 10 years of my life have been a medical nightmare.   I often wonder if my CAD (Coronary Artery disease) is really a result of autoimmune inflammatory disease, and has nothing to do with my cholesterol.    And of course, in Viking Days I would never had made it to 57, when the problems really started to multiply!

And becoming allergic to over 7 drugs, is just another form of immunity out of control.  Sigh.

I was very allergic as a child, with outrageous eczema  and then ALSO upper respiratory stuff.  Scars on my lungs by 10.  Predicted to be asthmatic, but it never appeared.  And the eczema was gone gone gone at  27!   Complete body change, and no more eczema.  So I have had some blessings along the way.

I guess the autoimmune thing has some advantages perhaps, and then it steps up to bite us in the butt!   I need some humor today, and every day.  No surviving this without it.

Carolina

Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarth-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Act.Purpura-Tinitus-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-Hand Surgeries, UTI's-Braces/Walker-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Esomeprazol

jstroble

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2010, 02:24:58 PM »
I am Irish and Dutch and who knows what else. 

Interesting, Caroline. I rarely get colds either.  I think I had the flu one time in my life and that was when I was on Methotrexate. 

Joyce

BonusMom

« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2010, 05:12:53 PM »
I'm a Heinz 57--a lil bit of everything!