Author Topic: Sjogrens: Viking Warrior Disease!  (Read 22075 times)

bloodless

Re: Sjogrens: Viking Warrior Disease!
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 01:52:56 PM »
I'm a mut! 5 different native american tribes, hispanic, english, french....I forget what all. Maybe a viking in the woodpile I don't know about?
I miss the good old days. Things were more like they used to be back then.

Sjogrens, Lupus, Fibro, GERD

inga

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 04:07:35 PM »
If you are English and French....my dear, there is one in the pile!!

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2010, 05:31:22 PM »
Love the way the 'Warrior' is in there - thinking acronym!   :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

jade

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 06:05:08 PM »
interesting.. romanian here

and about the robust immune system .. makes sense to me.  i have not had the flu or the common cold ever since i can remember.. it is possible that i might have had one when i was younger, i could ask my mom.. :)  but for sure i have not had any all my adult life.  i just don't get colds. i was thinking, when my doc said i had an over active immune system, that it made sense ..
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 06:08:16 PM by jade »

inga

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 07:04:20 PM »
Jade I agree.  I had one bad 'cold' which was a doozy, but again, only one in 15 years.  As a kid, I was sick with colds, sore throats etc. constantly.  Either I caught everything there was to catch, or, my immune system kills everything.....except....yeast.  I am a human distillery.

jade

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 08:24:10 PM »
Either I caught everything there was to catch, or, my immune system kills everything.....except....yeast.  I am a human distillery.

lol

meow

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 11:12:54 AM »
I am Scottish and Irish all the way back on both sides. Our family was involved in the Duncan Project--a group of geneticists trying to track down the royal Duncan line (yeah the one in The Play). They wanted to see how many were blood descendants, and how many simply took the clan name. We are part of the bloodline. 

When my dad first told me, I asked him, "So, how much did you have to pay for them to tell you you are descended from royalty?" Sounded like a scam to me. But he said, no, they took several cheek swabs and paid for everything, and sent him a report. No club to join, no records to buy. It was an off shoot of the Human Genome Project--the one that traces the migration of the first humans.

My husband's family is all Irish and Swedish and German. They are NEVER sick. Getting them to go to a doctor is almost impossible.

I think we need to write a Warriors' Anthem.
I refuse to tiptoe quietly through life, only to arrive safely at death's door.

Sjogrens, Hashimotos, CFS.  Also, fast approaching CRS Syndrome ;)

Nans

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 11:30:15 AM »
>>>I am Scottish and Irish all the way back on both sides. Our family was involved in the Duncan Project--a group of geneticists trying to track down the royal Duncan line<<<

Hey meow!

My mother-in-law is Scots-Irish on her mother's side.  Her mom's maiden name was Duncan.  I wonder if you two are related??

Epson

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2010, 02:15:30 PM »
I have a relative in Greenland who dug up some old Viking relics in his backyard while digging a trench.  He found an old Viking sword and scabbard with a bottle of Visine, Sjogren's must truly be a Viking Warrior disease ;)

Lavender

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2010, 04:56:54 PM »
How interesting. I once read that  my blood group (A neg) was introduced to England by the Vikings, so that somewhere in my lineage there must have been Vikings! This must explain my liking for hats with big horns on each side ;D

Nans

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 06:33:27 PM »
>>>I once read that  my blood group (A neg) was introduced to England by the Vikings<<<

Interesting indeed.  My father was Swedish and my mother was English.  My blood type is A negative.

Harmony

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 08:46:48 PM »
What an interesting theory. I'm Irish and Swedish.

I love the way Viking Warrior Disease sounds. Much better than Sjogren's.

Harmony

Hkay66

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2010, 09:00:11 PM »
Half Swedish and English/European mix here.
We can't think of any autoimmune on my mom's side,
but lots on my dad's 100% Swedish side!
Interesting post!!

Patze

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2010, 04:56:55 AM »
Let's see, German, Irish, English (might be some other things in there too), ah, mutt mainly! ;D  And I'm A positive, interesting...tells you where my relatives were hanging out!  ;) :D

Human distillery Inga?  Thanks for the smile!  I do agree with you there though, I caught every cold/flue that came around as a child (one of my relatives once remarked that I had a permanent cold, it seems that I never got rid of the sucker until my late teens).

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Billydude

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2010, 08:28:41 AM »
Speaking of ancestry I'm having a blast on ancestry.com.   I'm all the way back into the 1500's now in France.