Author Topic: Long Term Care Insurance  (Read 3295 times)

Joy Cox

Long Term Care Insurance
« on: February 20, 2010, 07:28:36 PM »
IF YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF IN THE YOUNGER SET, PLEASE READ:

Wish I had the foresight to pay into Long Term Care Insurance.  Many companies offer the opportunity to join.

Hindsight is that with SS, it certainly would have been to my advantage. Some school system friends joined and paid throughout the years. When one becomes incapacitated to a certain stage, you can stay at home and have Home Health Care so many hours a week and it is paid for by your long-term policy.

inga

Re: Long Term Care Insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 08:00:02 AM »
I wish we had gotten it too, but now at 57 and with a disease, it is too late.  We had enough problems having cash to raise our kids when we were younger.....I am hoping I don't have a period of significant disability before I bite it.

Bernice

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 10:11:01 AM »
Yeah me too! In fact I wish I had more life insurance too, but now it's too late to even think about that, the best I can expect is to be buried with little being left over for my family. My husband has always been the primary breadwinner so we were always told to get a smaller policy on me, well hindsight is something else, ain't it?

Somewhere I read that Walmart is about to start selling caskets, maybe this will cut down on costs leaving at least a few more thousands leftover. ::) ;D

Those of you that are still in the process of being dxed get what insurance you think you may want or need before your doctor says those words " You Got......."

inga

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 10:15:48 AM »
After my demise, I am taking up residence in an URN.....no casket, no embalming....cheapo...except for the urn.  I am hoping to live on the mantel....unless my hubby takes up with some other chick, in which case, I will haunt the house, and cause the poor woman to flee.  I'm fine, really.

Bernice

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 11:35:26 AM »
I'd hate the chance of getting sucked up in a vaccum as a result of an "accident" by the new chick! ::) ::) >:( >:( ;D ;D ;D

inga

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 12:01:38 PM »
Well, when that vaccum started running itself and chasing her all over the house.....hmmm.  She can 'eat my dust'!

Katybarstool

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 12:42:46 PM »
You guys are so funny ;D ;D ;D

Kathyx

Bernice

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 03:23:31 PM »
LOL!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

navydad

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM »
Would be a good eposide for Ghost Hunters

inga

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 03:41:37 PM »
Booo!

Epson

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 10:48:22 AM »
Hindsight is always 20/20, if I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have bought long term care insurance any way, I would have shot myself :o

Bernice

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 11:10:52 AM »
Epson,
That would have only been another sore spot to deal with, sounds lke it would have hurt really bad too, why put yourself through all that? ??? ??? ::) ;) ;) ;D ;D