Author Topic: Mother Nature at it again . . .  (Read 25688 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: Mother Nature at it again . . .
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 10:23:39 AM »
Pooh - I'm sorry the freezing rain put a damper on your holiday get-together - but glad that you were finally able to get together with family.  Have you recovered yet from all the great grandchildren's attention with grandma?  Even though it was a flurry of activity - I'm sure you enjoyed every minute of it.  Glad you enjoyed your quiet time in your recliner with your blankie.  Everyone needs quiet time.   ;D

When we awoke on Christmas morning it was a green Christmas.  By 11 a.m. it started to snow and by the time the day was over, we had a little over an inch.  The next day we added another 4-5" of snow.  Church was cancelled on Sunday due to the weather.   We're suppose to get another 1-3" today.  I'm home, inside - so let it snow!!   ;D

We're only a full week and two days into winter 2009/2010 . . wonder what the rest of the season will hold for us?? 

Take care everybody . . . watch your footing in the snow and ice this winter - we don't need any broken bones to add to the mix!!!   :o

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Poochie

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 01:36:15 PM »
Hi Bucky,
Whoa~~ sure glad we didn't get anymore snow.  The sleet and freezing rain turned to just rain and washed away just about all of our 18" of snow. 

Yes, I did have a great time with the little ones.  My grandson's wife just called me and told me the sweater (Aran Isle) that I made my oldest gr. grand was a huge hit with him.  She had to wash and dry it on Sunday so he could wear again Monday.   :D  She said he hasn't taken it off since he put it on Friday.  lol  She had to bribe him to let her wash/dry it.  And here I didn't think he would like it. 

The goofy helmet hats I made the others were just as a big a hit as the sweaters.  Three of them put them on when they opened them and were still running around with them on when they got ready to leave.  Bells were ringing all the time.  ;D

I'm really glad to hear you are inside and warm.  This is the first full winter I've had to deal with this Raynaud's and I didn't realize how bad it was.  Now I send my daughter or my hubby to do the shopping.  Our temps are below freezing and not expected to get much higher for a while, so I'll be knitting and staying warm until Spring.   :D :D :D :D

I hope you and all my friends have a wonderful, healthier, HAPPY NEW YEAR!  May all of us with this insidious disease find comfort and pain free living in the new year. 

Hugs and God Bless,
Pooh

roetta

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 11:57:36 AM »
So this would be the wrong time to complain about the slight drizzle we had in San Diego yesterday, right???  ;D

Sorry, just couldn't resist!!

(I grew up in Iowa and Missouri though, so I have definitely experienced winter!)

Patze

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 01:10:54 PM »
Hey Roetta,

Raspberries to you!!!!  ;) :D   

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

RobinBat

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 03:13:21 PM »
Guess our 60's-70 this afternoon shouldnt be mentioned either ???
Sending warm thought from Florida to all of you 8)
If it makes you feel better we are getting a cold snap over the weekend and expecting 40's-50 overnight(but we do warm up during the day although not enough for me!) I hate being cold that is why I moved south.
Sending Sunshine my friends....
Robin

Patze

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 03:21:23 PM »
Hi Robin,

Can you send me some heat too?  :)  I so need some heat!

Patze

Sero Negative Queen

RobinBat

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 06:59:53 PM »
Patze,
Where are you? Sending Warm thoughts and Rays of sunshine through the internet direct to you 8)
Happy new year!
Robin

Poochie

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 10:19:45 PM »
Hey Patze, if Robin sends some heat up this (north toward Pennsylvania) please don't block all of it.   :D

We slid to the store this afternoon and slipped and slid up the drive when we got home.  :-\

Come on Spring!!!!! ;D

Hugs, Pooh

Bernice

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2010, 12:44:43 AM »
It's times like this that I don't regret leaving NJ. I loved the fact that I did not need a coat to burden me down when I went to church tonight, it was damp out because it has showed earlier today, I prefer the winters that we don't need coats all the time.

Happy New Year All!!!! And stay safe!!!!1

Patze

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2010, 03:18:02 AM »
No worries Pooh, I'm always happy to share!  ;D

Hey Robin, just send it up to Pennsylvania and I'm in the direct path; send lots of it please, Pooh & I need a ton of it!   ;) :D

Patze

Sero Negative Queen

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2010, 10:31:04 AM »
Hey Patze & Pooh . . . quit hogging all the sunshine and heat . . send some to the West to Lynnmarie, AlienDog and me!!!

Brrrrrrrr it is cold, cold, cold here this weekend!! 

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

RobinBat

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2010, 01:20:21 PM »
Hey I was happy to share :), but send some back....grey and rainy today....Had migraine right after breakfast(actually thru...) went back to bed...got up after 2pm and moved to couch...Hubby still fighting cold/flu remains too...we are such a healthy vibrant couple today...NOT!! :-[ Was invited out for dinner and called this am and said we were going to keep our sickly selves home...I have a small roast I will put in oven with some oven roasted potato's later...add a salad and viola dinner with minimal work...

Bernice, where in NJ are you from? I too am from NJ(Middlesex County)

We should put where we are and where we are now on profiles....

Happy New Years!

Robin

Bernice

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2010, 02:36:01 PM »
We have now returned back to my home state in Tn, my husband is from Philly Pa.

I am from TN. but while my husband was in military we lived in Mommoth County NJ for almost 10 years (longest stay anywhere). We lived in many places, but Nj and Maryland were the coldest by far! Never saw so much snow in my life! Oh the cold was too much for me. Summertime weather does not last long enough there for me, only a few months per year, if that! I found that to be depressing.

Don't get me wrong I like the East Coast and North everything but the weather. My husband is from Philly Pa. and used to always complain that in Tn. we don't have enough cold days to seperate the seasons, he wanted to move back to East Coast, I told him you don't wait until you get old to go back to that, if anything it's the other way around. If it was not so very cold there I would love to go back, but my mind and body can not take the abuse, plus I find it too restricting having to wear so much clothing, clearing all that snow and ice in the freezing mornings and not being able to just grab a jacket on your way out the door and jump in the car and go wherever because the weather may be too bad. My body shakes like a toy rattler in that cold, I can't put enough on, I'm shaking on your mildest days while my husband and others used to it are looking at me as if something is wrong with me!
Survivial is too hard there for me!

lynnmarie219

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2010, 09:11:02 PM »
Hey Bucky...thanks for the shout out for sending some warmth our way too........Im not usually cold...but this weekend in Illinois I am!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Way below zero with the wind chill is too much even for me! Im sitting in the house with blankets on me....and Ill be putting gloves on soon when I go to bed as my fingertips are freeeeezinggggg!

Patze

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2010, 06:17:26 AM »
Ah Lynnmarie, I sure understand being so cold!  I keep my place at 76 and I'm under all types of blankets, double thick socks, and extra clothes, and often wear gloves too.  Dang, I can't wait for it to warm up too!

Keep warm my friend, and hopefully spring will blossom soon!

Patze

Sero Negative Queen