Author Topic: Black Friday anyone?  (Read 6609 times)

proudmom

Re: Black Friday anyone?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 09:49:15 PM »
I will be careful I know the wheelchair doesn't matter when people go crazy. When I was preggo with my son, my hubby and I were at Target on black friday and I had to go to the bathroom no one would let me get to the bathroom my hubby got a manager and she cleared the line for me to get thru to the bathroom everyone thought I was trying to cut the line. I know how crazy people get. This year I am just going to one store and I don't have to have anything and if it seems to crowded or I don't think it will be safe we will just go out for breakfast. I just have stopped so many things I used to do before becoming ill sometimes I feel I have to keep up with old ways to still feel like myself.

Have a great thanksgiving everyone, Proudmom

lynnmarie219

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 07:13:55 PM »
Bucky,

I agree...the stores are opening up earlier and earlier every year trying to outdo each other....I have also head of stores opening up at midnight...crazy isn't it? Now you don't even have to go to bed and get up early...you just don't go to bed!!! lol

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 07:56:17 PM »
Lynn,

Just what we need out there . . . . sleep deprived, caffeine buzzed, crazed shoppers!!  LOL   ::)

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Blue Kat

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 03:47:05 PM »
I did the "Black Friday" shopping thing once -- about three years ago -- with my best friend.  It was OK, but what I had on my list wasn't in any of the sales and I had to get up at about 4:00 am.  Still, my friend and I made it fun even though neither of us were morning people.  My friend passed away suddenly this past Spring (a few months before my SjS diagnosis) so I'll be especially thinking of her and missing her this holiday season.  Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer...I'm blessed with the memories she left me with.   :)

proudmom

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2009, 09:10:59 AM »
Well I made it back home in one piece. The crazy people of walmart started the trip out rough but we then went to toys r us which was really calm with no waiting, they told us all the nuts were there at 12 am and they had to call the fire department. Then we went to Kmart and that was busy but not crazy. The whole trip has probably put me down for a day or so but we got alot of shopping done, some good deals, and the most important thing is my hubby smiled the whole time and kept saying how great it was that we can still do our annual black friday shopping together.

Hope everyone had a great holiday. Proudmom  :)

lynnmarie219

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 09:27:32 AM »
Blue Kat,

Please don't apologize for sharing your memories about your friend...memories are what keep our loved ones alive in our hearts. Hugs to you.....

Proudmom,

Glad to hear you made it home safely and enjoyed your time with your husband...you are both making memories that you can look back on someday and still smile! How nice!

roetta

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2009, 11:27:57 AM »
I'd rather pay a little extra and save what's left of my sanity!  :D

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 10:49:47 AM »
Proudmom -   good to hear that you and hubby had a good time sharing your Black Friday tradition shopping together.  :)   Hope you are taking it easy today.   ;)

((Blue Kat)) -  sorry to hear about your friend.  I hope it brings a smile to your heart to remember the time you DID both get up early and join the crowd on Black Friday.   Thank goodness for our memories of good times.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Bernice

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 05:09:11 PM »
Proudmom, I am so glad you guys had a great time and stored up memories. In my area there was a woman trampled in Toys R Us, she had her knee broken, but survived.

I thought about going later in the day, but decided against it, I hate crowds.