Author Topic: Painful Rash  (Read 1213 times)

angeldancer

Painful Rash
« on: May 29, 2017, 11:32:07 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am sorry to ask this question in which I know someone has asked before.  I cannot find the answer looking through the thread so I am asking now.  I have been flaring for the past year but each flare has brought on new agonizing pain.  I would rather give positive words of encouragement to all of you but this time I need to ask.

I am FLARING!  I can't do anything. a mad rash has broken out of my body.  The worse of it is on my neck and face and ears.  When tested before the doctor said it was not scleroderma.  The pain is so bad I cannot sleep.  Even taking a sleeping pill I don't stay asleep.  I am doing my best to get in to see the rheumatologist.  So far only appointments with the general practitioner. 

What can I do to bring the pain down. I am taking the regular things we take such as neurontin, plaquenil, but nothing for the rash and the pain.  I feel like my neck is hardening up through my ear.  I take Permethrin Cream for my hands but don't know if it is okay to put on a hard rash that is spreading.

If someone can give a suggestion to just take the edge off until I can get to the right doctor I will appreciate it. I need you guys right now.

Thanks,
Angel dancer
eagles flight//

Sjogrens, Arthritis, colonrectal cancer survivor, Diverticulosis, fibromyalgia, chronic sinus, chronic pain, kidney stones,  chronic allergies, digestive tract issues, norco, plaquenil, ativan, ambien, lyrica, claritan, neuron tin, celexa,predinisome,

DarleneB

Re: Painful Rash
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 11:49:26 PM »
I got a horrible rash from plaquinel. .after 6 weeks of taking it...had to stop it.  I put IVYREST cream on it I treated it like a poison ivy rash..ivy dry also helped another poison ivy cream with calamine in it
Sjogrens, coronary artery spasms,arthritis, degenerative disc with spinal surgery,hashimoto, high cholesterol,low vit d ,insomnia

evoxac,restasis,tear duct plugs,asa,cardizem,toprol,fish oil,levothyroxine,,calcium with vit d,  irbesartan,restoril,est/prog/dhea/testos crea

gurs

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 03:48:36 AM »
are you taking any steriods when you flare and get this? if not, and your able, would try them..

Im sick of these flares...Ive been in one for the last 6 weeks and cant snap out of it. I happens in the spring and summer
when my body is reacting to all the allergens. I feel for you. Having a painful rash is horrible. I remember when I had shingles a few years ago. Oh my gosh..nightmare.

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

Sharon

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 05:45:06 AM »
Oh, what a bummer... :-\

Things that may calm an itchy rash:
Oatmeal bath
Using a paste you can make with baking soda and water on your rash
Benadryl
Prednisone

Let us know what helped you and your diagnosis of the rash.
Hope you find relief soon!
Sjogren's (+ RA): positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA. Severe eye dryness + inflammation, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions, fatigue. 
ORENCIA, Restasis, Anti-inflammatory diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 100mg, Omega 3....

angeldancer

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 08:53:44 AM »
Thank you Thank you Thank you.  Today I will ask the doctor for a steroid blast.  I will also try the creams.  I guess as I get older the flares have started to include some very strange things and I mean strange.  I don't go to the doctor often because I am always told that "oh its a flare just keep taking your meds".  Once again thank you and I will tell you if it works and what the doctor says today.

Peace and blessings to you.

Angel dancer
eagles flight//

Sjogrens, Arthritis, colonrectal cancer survivor, Diverticulosis, fibromyalgia, chronic sinus, chronic pain, kidney stones,  chronic allergies, digestive tract issues, norco, plaquenil, ativan, ambien, lyrica, claritan, neuron tin, celexa,predinisome,