Author Topic: Just got this new exercise thing called "The Wave"  (Read 3350 times)

Lesleybird

Just got this new exercise thing called "The Wave"
« on: September 25, 2009, 11:32:45 PM »
  Hi, I know that we all need to take good care of our selves with this disease and exercise is one thing we all need.....I ordered The Wave by the Firm and just got it in the mail, took it out of the box and got on it. It is really cool! It is a curved piece of molded plastic that one steps on and rocks back and forth. I recommend it as I can see that it can be as useful as and elliptical or a tread mill for a fraction of the price and does not take up much room. It is going to be useful for me in trying to manage my weight and to tone up. Flip it over and one can use it to stretch out the back or as a step for step aerobics. Add some light hand weights and you can exercise while watching your favorite TV show! I really like this thing. Got mine on line by searching with google.com. Mine came from the official site for about $80 including shipping. Think it will help me to drop some weight. It might help some of you on this board.....that's why I am mentioning it. I had never seen it before but saw an infomercial in the middle of the night and thought it looked like fun. I also just saw one on line at Walmart. They might even have them in the store. To your health!     Lesley
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 07:13:29 AM by Lesleybird »

Katybarstool

Re: Just got this new exercise thing called "The Wave"
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 12:53:25 AM »
Wow Lesley, that sounds awsome. I will keep a look out for it.

Kathyx

Lesleybird

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 07:07:21 AM »
   Here is the website  http://www.thefirmwave.com/?gcid=S12579x064&keyword=the%20firm%20wave_8          Lesley
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 07:11:40 AM by Lesleybird »

Patze

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 01:59:05 PM »
Wow Lesley, that sounds so neat!!!  Let us know how you do on it!

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

lynnmarie219

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 08:08:54 PM »
It sounds like a good piece of equipment for a much smaller price tag than most exercise equipment. I hope it works well for you...let us know!

missyb

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 08:05:56 AM »
cool! thx

Lesleybird

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 07:42:59 AM »
      Still liking the wave.  I can get on it and rock back and forth and get a good work out.  My 72 year old mother even liked it when she came over and will probably get one for herself. Caught my husband playing on it last night. When you stand on it with your feet apart you can get anywhere from a walk to a jog going on (can really feel it in the legs and butt) and if twist your body from side to side it tones the core (middle muscles), add hand weights while rocking and that is all that you need.  I still do a few crunches and stretch also. There are a lot of more things that one can do with it if you flip it over it can be used for step aerobics, modified push ups, triceps dips etc. For me, I think it will be easy to do 30 minutes (or more) a day when I watch TV. I kind of like doing my own thing instead of the DVD's that come with it. If I put some music with a good beat in the background I can watch TV at the same time so that I don't get board. I think that this piece of exercise is a good investment as it is easy to move and store and it's kind of like playing so it won't sit in my closet unused like so many other gimmicky exercise gadgets.     Lesley