Author Topic: Getting old FAST!  (Read 2011 times)

Bernice

Getting old FAST!
« on: August 26, 2009, 10:00:38 PM »
What the heck is going on! I promise ya I just looked in the mirror and have found more gray hairs!

Sure I already had a small patch of about 3-5 hairs that's been there for years with no additions, but today I am finding some popping out here and there, and all over!

Yeah O.K.! it may be only one here and there, but I know that's how they start!!!!!

I have cut my hair so short I can't hide these! Sure I can dye my short hair, but I'll still KNOW their there!

Does this mean B E R N I C E is getting O L D ???????? At 46 and a 1/2 ????????

Ole Lordy! Too many changes coming at me! This year has really been some year for my body, and it ain't over yet!

I just have to regroup and remember I'm blessed! I just don't want to get O L D! Don't mind aging VERY slowly and gracefully, just not OLD fast!

I can't see myself limping with sore feet and a achy back knowing I got a head full of gray hair!

That's what I get for bringing up that ugly woman in the mall in that other thread about premature aging!

God don't like ugly! :'(

Bernice

stillsguy

Re: Getting old FAST!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 11:43:50 PM »
hey Bernice

I thot god made ugly so that the beautiful people could tell themselves apart  :D

signed one ugly dukling

Bernice

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 11:59:38 PM »
That's ugly ways, Stillguy, ugly ways![/b]

Now I know your mom or some older person has said that to you before when you were misbehavin! Or is this just  another southern phase?? ;D

Bernice

stillsguy

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 12:26:39 AM »
Bernice!

stillsguy... misbehavin!?

wish u well  ;)

beverley

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 03:43:47 AM »
Bernice,

Why doesn't anyone give you a handbook about getting older?  I have let myself go grey now because dyed hair never went with my skin tone and I looked white and haggard - now my face looks a lot brighter, but, well, older.  Every time I pass a window I think 'who's that old person - oh no it's me!!!'  I'm in my fifties and I did dye my hair for a long time, so the choice is yours!

Beverley

lighthouse33

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 08:07:30 AM »
From what I remember reading in a past thread, we can't dye our hair becuase we take plaquenil.  It turns our hair an awful red color and sometimes it breaks off.  I'm 46 and have had gray hairs for several years.  When my mom sees them she pulls them out. She dyes her hair but I guess that won't be me.  I've never been one that's been good for maintenance.  I wear my hair short, the shorter the better.  If it were up to me I would shave it off rather than fuss with it every day.  Going for a hiar cut this morning, can't wait to get rid of this mess!
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

gsmraxe

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 09:52:11 AM »
Don't feel bad Bernice,

I'm 40, found my first white hair at 24 and it's been downhill from there.  Today, I have my hair pulled back in a barette...My hair looks like I'm 55, not 40  :D  You're for sure not the only one.  We're all getting old, it's what happens after we turn 25...It's all downhill from there.   ;D

Epson

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 10:22:07 AM »
Gray hair?  I'm turning into a platinum blond not gray ;D

Bernice

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 10:33:39 AM »
Both of you two guys Epson & Stillguy are INSANE!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

First you Stillguy: You have done nothing BUT MISBEHAV since you've been here. I can only imagine what you were like as a child!
 I know you've heard that phase before and a whole lot more!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Now you Epson: First I want to say I am so very glad to see you're back to your usual MISBEHAVIN' self! Now this thing of platinum blonde!? Is pusing the sitck too far, I'm sure! But it was a good one! One up on the gray anyway! ;D ;D ;D

LOL! Bernice ;)

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 11:25:55 AM »
Hi Bernice   :)

I'm 57 and have very few gray hairs. Hubby had grey hairs when I met him and he was 25. My oldest daughter really hoped she had my 'hair genes'.  She doesn't. She's found a few grey hairs and she's only 28. Age seems kinda irrelevant!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

jaygee

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 03:03:07 PM »
Been dying mine every 4 weeks since I was 30 (now aged 49).  Hope it doesn't all start dropping out now I'm on the plaquenil, but if it does I shall get a wig.  Probably save me a lot of money at the hairdressers  ;D   xx

Katybarstool

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 03:16:57 PM »
Can I be philosophical and ask what the alternative to growing old is - and which would you prefer?
That's a question my friend has asked me in the past, and I really know which I prefer ;)

Kathyx

jaygee

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »
Gosh, that's very true, Kathy.  xx

Bernice

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 04:16:57 PM »
Thanks for replies I'm over it already! It was just shocking at first.

Sometimes I'm quite thankful for short attention span, helps me to move on to other stuff much quicker! ;D ;D

Bernice

Maria3667

• Good advice is one thing, applying it another
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 10:06:33 AM »
Hi Bernice,

OMG ---> certainly rings a bell here! Now the aging-bugg grabbed you too?

Just a tip: dying your hair is easy, lasts quite a long time & makes one look much younger fast...
Wrinkles are harder to fight.

Maybe best thing for us Sjoggies is to avoid mirrors all together.

Why look at the ground when there's a blue sky above us?

Stay strong!

Love, Maria.
46, F. Lyme's Disease (1998), Primary Sjogren's & hypothyroidism (2003), DES-daughter, anxiety disorder.
Seroquel, pilocarpine, natural thyroid hormones, supplements.
Dry mouth - dry eyes - dry skin - cherry hemangiomas - macules - uterine fibroids. Allergies: nickle, methylisothiazolinone