Author Topic: Dental XRays  (Read 1574 times)

Wynter

Dental XRays
« on: August 26, 2009, 01:07:20 PM »
How often do you get dental xrays? My insurance pays for once per year xrays and panograph. I go for cleanings 4 times per year. I find when I go for the cleaning the dentist looks around inside my mouth and usually says all is good. However, when it comes to the dental visit with xrays that's when they find most of the problems. Like most of you, you want to tackle the problems as soon as possible. Should we be having xrays for often to tackle problems early?

harrigan

Re: Dental XRays
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 01:11:23 PM »
My dentist does them once a year even though I have 6 monthly visits.  My lovely dentist has retired though and a very officious young woman took over.  She scares me!  I'm glad to get out, even if I feel she could have maybe x-rayed of cleaned more1 ;D
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

Bernice

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 02:21:40 PM »
Ah! In a per-fect world, A perfect World My Friend!

Now wake up, cus you must be daydreaming!

Most of us do good to get our dental insurances to cover the basics! ;D ;)
How on earth do you get yours to pay for 4 cleanings per year!!! ??? ???

Bernice

ohiolady

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 02:37:27 PM »
I am pretty sure x-rays are done once a year for safety reasons.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

Wynter

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 03:31:10 PM »
Sorry I didn't clarify the insurance teeth cleanings. My insurance pays for 2 cleanings per year. The other two cleanings I pay for out of my pocket.