Author Topic: neteton.com  (Read 3839 times)

Peg41

neteton.com
« on: August 15, 2009, 10:23:36 AM »
Has anyone heard of neteton.com?  I wondered if it was snake oil or really beneficial.
Thanks, Peg41

dydrm4cody

Re: neteton.com
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 12:06:01 PM »
I went on the site and read up on each ingredient in the product.  It may be good, but who knows if it will work.  I can tell you that all ingredients are edible.  You do still have to remember that everyone is different and everyone may have different kinds of allergies, so just use your own discression.  I did however order the product, and I will be the ginny-pig and let everyone know how it works out.  I will keep everyone posted.  just give me time to get it since I just ordered it today 8-15-09 and must wait about a week to get it delivered.

Melina
dydrm4cody@juno.com

Peg41

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 12:13:13 PM »
Thank you so much.  I had thought of ordering it but for sure now I will.  My SJS is really bad.  My speech is very poor and most of my face was numb.  We will be two good ones to try this out on.
Luana
Peg41

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 12:19:21 PM »
I hadn't heard of it either, and went to the site, particularly interested in the "research" tab. There do appear to have been some scientific studies, on a very limited basis (200 patients) and only over a 2 year period, without double blind or placebo studies, but the results given look promising.

In medical research terminology, the results at this point would still be labelled "anecdotal" but it may be something that will get some scientific interest and start a new line of research. One thing I found interesting is that the same combination of herbs with a couple of additions , is marketed as Segratax, a treatment for gastroparesis!

Thanks for volunteering to be our test subjects, Luana and Melina! Just remember that, with the extreme individuality of SjS symptoms, what works for one may not for another.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Epson

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 01:12:39 PM »
Scam, who ever heard of  the Gordon's Herbal Research Center?  These guy claim to have a cure for every known ailment on the planet.  Lets see some studies from a credible research facility.
To alcohol! The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems!  Homer................Simpson

Poochie

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 02:08:20 PM »
If you are taking any prescription medication, be very careful mixing them with herbal compounds without talking to your doctor first.  You just may get more than you bargained for.

Pooh

jjj3

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 08:26:09 PM »
Please let us know your results.  I've never heard of most of the ingredients, except for ginger, which is know for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Cathy

anita

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 09:37:09 PM »
I went to the site to check it out.  Looks like a scam.  Only 200 in the test group.  Not one time does it mention "which" (of many) symptoms it resolves.  Doesn't mention dry eyes, mouth, GI problems, neuro problems...nothing.  Just that it is the "cure".  I doubt any of my doctors have even heard of it.  Something tells they will say "NO", if asked.

Take note that the site doesn't contain a phone number (anywhere) and the only address is what looks an equivalent of a PO box....That should send flags up!!!

I just did more research.  They have a huge list of diseases/conditions they treat with the same herbs.  Check out the following link for more about the scam.  Make sure to check out several of their other sites...which are located about 3/4 of the way down on the link.  Everyone of them has the same web page set up...just a different name of the drug.  What a joke!!

http://networkedblogs.com/p8096255

Be careful if you try it.  Talk to your doctor first.  Do research...I only went to one place and look what I found.

Anita
49 yr old SjS, APS w/strokes, Severe Autonomic Neuropathy, PN, Nephrogenic DI, IgG def., Asthma, Gastroparesis.  Sero-negative w/+ lip biopsy.  Meds: IVIG, Arixtra, Aspirin, Plaquenil, Nitroglycerin, Cardizem, Imdur, Toprol XL, Domperidone, Nexium, Midodrine, Florinef, Symbicort, Percocet,

Peg41

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 04:29:20 PM »
Melina,  Did you get your order?  I just got mine today and wondered how you were doing.
Luana

Bernice

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 08:58:31 PM »
Peg,
Glad to know you still kickin' Girl!

Melinda! Where you at??????? Melinda!!!????? ;D

Seriously! I don't know if yall oughta try that stuff without asking your doctors first!

Epson and others got good points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't know anything about this stuff!! Who are these 200 and where's proof they are O.K.????

Do stay in touch!

Bernice

Bernice

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 09:09:32 PM »
P.S. I forgot to mention: The first formula, the one for Myasthenia Gravis, Polycythemia Vera, Tinea Versicolor, Premature gray hair, Costochondritis, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Rectal Prolapse; contains 13.81 mg of strychnine (less commonly known as Strychnos Nuxvomica). From what I can gather, Strychnine is dangerous when you get to about 1.5-2mg per kilogram of body weight (less for some people). So if you do have some of this stuff in the house, don't double up on your dosage and never give it to children. OK I don't know who might give Pigmeton to a 20 pound child, but I thought I would mention it; -just to be safe.

This was on the link somebody posted eariler! Please leave this stuff alone!
Bernice

Patze

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 09:38:57 PM »
I'm also with the others, please check with your doctor before taking it - I'm not for it or against it, I just want y'all to be safe.

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

eyeamdry

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 01:50:49 AM »
Premature grey hair and rectal prolapse amongst other things?  WOW, maybe i can give up dying my hair, you think?  I don't have rectal prolapse, so I'll have to let someone else use it for that. Any volunteers...........sure no one with rectal prolapse would be shouting it from the rooftops.  LOL>  You guys be careful.  Lucy
Lucy
*Dry Eye Queen
**Popsicle Queen

Katybarstool

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 06:48:07 AM »
Eeeek Lucy - I had mine repaired in May ;)

Kathyx

Patze

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 07:06:20 AM »
Egads, there's more to look forward too?  :o  ;)

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen