Author Topic: Evoxac or salagen?  (Read 18967 times)

barc

Re: Evoxac or salagen?
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 03:46:43 PM »
I have a ? about Evoxac that I hope some one here can help with. Is this a drug that is taken only when needed or is it something I'd need to be on forever. Kathy

ohiolady

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 04:48:10 PM »
Kathy,

I've been taking 3 a day for two years.  I can't imagine ever going without.  I have a friend with Sjogrens and she has been on it for years.

But, some people do take on an as needed basis.  It just depends on how bad your dryness is.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

barc

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2009, 04:51:22 PM »
Thanks Anna. I wasn't sure if the drug is more for symptoms as they appear or all around maintenance to keep moisture.  I've only had a week on it and see a slight change but from what I'm reading it could take awhile. Thanks again..Kathy

ohiolady

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 06:37:41 AM »
It took several months for me to reach full potential of the drug and believe me I needed it.  Good luck to you and I hope you are more comfortable with the additional saliva.  Will help you to keep your teeth.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

Gail

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 08:40:30 AM »
I got a  :oprescription for Salagen yesterday , but I have a terrible fatigue due recieving a vaccination. I still want to relieve my dry mouth. I wonder, if Salagen can make me feel worse. I already had my heart racing yesterday. I had a pulse of 126. Did anybody take this drug in times of illness. How did it make you feel?

Wreck_Tangle

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2013, 10:40:30 PM »
I know it's been a while since someone posted in here, but thank you all for the insight on comparing the two medications.
I don't have insurance and it's nice to see a price on the Evoxac.
I need something for this dry mouth and Biotene is not cutting it b/c it's too minty. I can't have any thing mint at all b/c it burns so bad. Anything lately is burning my tongue really bad.
so thanks again for the comparison.

wisconsin41

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2013, 09:26:24 AM »
Wreck_Tangle   Evoxac is generic now so it is much cheaper than 4 years ago.
Eyes:Restasis,Alrex; Plaquenil,Evoxac(sort of), Nexium, Zolpidem, Naproxen