Author Topic: gall stones but gall bladder removed  (Read 2516 times)

season

gall stones but gall bladder removed
« on: September 20, 2013, 09:07:20 PM »
Has anyone ever had gall stones but have had their gall bladder removed? I can't seem to get over this annoying discomfort in my left side with the most horrible indigestion.

I had an RN tell me that she has seen this happen before.

Any comment would be helpful.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: gall stones but gall bladder removed
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 04:42:17 AM »
It took about 10 years after mine was removed for the pain to stop. The doctors told me this was because I have fibro that the pain lingered for so long.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

4Kids

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 07:34:37 AM »
I had an esophageal spasm one night which I thought was a gall bladder attack. Kinda same side, hurt the same way as it was an organ spasming which is the pain you associate with the gall bladder attack.

Maybe that is what it was?
Plaquinel, Restasis, Salagen, Arthrotec, Cod Liver Oil, B Vitamins, Palafer-C, Plaquinel, Metformin, Spironlactone, Biotin

jazzlover

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 08:39:06 AM »
Your gallbladder is on the right side. Your spleen is on the left.

I would look to digestive issues, colon issues .. could even be from Candida/yeast.

I did get a stone in my bile duct several years after having my GB removed.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 05:09:27 PM »
You can have some stones hiding in the bile duct that show up later. Happens occasionally because of the swelling and inflammation that can hold the smaller stones captive till they shake loose or move or get infected.

I would see a GI doc and get tested cause it is hard to know what is going on. Could even be some inflammation in your pancreas that is acting up and that needs medical treatment ASAP. Good luck. Irish

season

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 10:23:22 PM »
Thanks everyone for your answers. I am desperately searching for an answer as I don't have a clue what this could be.

I have a gnawing pain just under my left breast and left side. It gets 1000 percent worse after I lay down with horrible indigestion. The prevacid does nothing and I eat antacids like they were delicious candies.

I had a CT done and the doctor said the good news is "you don't have cancer." I expressed my gratitude for that but I told him that I still didn't have an answer to what this horrible pain was. He became very defensive and said I should follow him around for a day and he could show me plenty of people with pain. He also said in his opinion, it was possibly sjogrens related and he prescribed gabapentin. He did mention something about my pancreas and spleen possibly causing the problems but made no mention of further testing as he was satisfied with the CT scan.

I am so tired as I don't get very much sleep and so hungry as I am staying away from most foods that I think will bring on the indigestion.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 03:00:35 AM »
Please go in and have your heart checked.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

slccom

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 10:33:15 AM »
What a jerk of a doctor!
Sharon

jazzlover

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 02:00:08 PM »
Yes, a jerk!

Do consider the heart .. and take a good look at your diet. I used to have terrible pain in that area. It was either from systemic yeast or from dairy. Dairy always seemed to make it worse. I no longer consume it.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

quietdynamics

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 06:12:24 AM »
Hello season,

As Irish suggested see a GI. My mother had pain as you describe and it was gall stones. The area was infected and her gall bladder was removed.

Wishing you the best.
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"