Author Topic: This waiting is killing me :-(  (Read 8538 times)

Poochie

Re: This waiting is killing me :-(
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 04:09:33 PM »
Lucy I'm so glad to hear you had good news.  That's wonderful. 

Hugs, Pooh

quiger

• Sjogrens Staff
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 04:17:50 PM »
What great news Lucy!  ;D  I know it has to be a relief. I sure can't imagine watching them thread that wire. I would need some serious knock out drugs. Glad it was short and thrilled for you that it was good news.

Good luck with the ortho. My hubby is supposed to have knee replacement surgery in September and he isn't looking forward to it, but he is looking forward to walking better after the recovery and PT.

Thanks for the update.  :)

Hugs,
quig
Check out the info on the home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 08:24:56 PM »
Lucy, Wow, sure glad that is over for you and everything is ok---I would assume your hubby listened and got all the info from the doc.lol

Anyway, now the knee ordeal. I dare say that aging does not seem to be much fun but it sure does beat the alternative. Hope you are staying cool in Michigan. Irish ;D

eyeamdry

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 08:35:43 PM »
We sure are staying cool here in Mich!  Just like any other winter.  I imagine my hubby "listened" to the doc.  Yeah, sure. First, he is pretty deaf, but that aside, he probably doesn't remember a thing.  I'll have a visit with the doc on July 13th, so I can hear the details then.  Apparently it was a borning surgery.

The report from the bone scan said "probably loosening or infection" of the implant.  Well, I can handle either of those.  The C word is always in the back of your mind once you've had it.  I'm giving a family union/hubby's birthday party next month and I can't have anything wrong with me.   ::) Lucy

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2009, 01:26:01 AM »
Well Lucy,

It all sounds great. Not so good you have to go thru so much, good that your health issues are being directed along well and nothing near what your family history may bring yet, continued prayers for your recovery and further treatments.

hugs kimbo

Patzes  ,  I luvs your flower  :)

Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

Katybarstool

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2009, 01:25:42 PM »
Lucy

I'm delighted to hear you are ok.

Hugs
Kathyx

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2009, 02:27:27 PM »
Lucy, 
  I'm so relieved that you are doing OK!   Now to start looking forward to knee surgery... bless your heart (and your knee, of course!)   :)
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

lynnmarie219

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2009, 06:44:30 PM »
Lucy,

So glad to hear how well your procedure went and that you didn't need to have a stent put in!

Also wishing you the same good luck with your next appt. at the doctor when you go to find out about your knee!

Patze

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2009, 04:59:26 AM »
Hi Lucy, hang in there and I'll keep the digits crossed for your knee too!

Hi Kimbo, it is pretty, isn't it (and thanks!)?

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

eyeamdry

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2009, 08:40:37 PM »
Today was the day I saw my orthodoc.  I've had a partial knee replacement for 7 years now and recently I've been having some pain at the place where the implant meets the bone.  It was pretty much down to two possibilities:  infection or having a loose implant.  Actually, there was a third and that was cancer as I'd had b. cancer two years ago.  That is your first thought after any cancer.

I have a loose "uni-knee" implant.  The solution is a revision.  In my case, a revision will be a total knee replacement.  Good thing is there is no big hurry to have this done.  The pain is my barometer.  If I'm not on the let, the knee doesn't hurt.  I can easily see this thing going at least a year.  That means if I have no falls, arthritis doesn't make things worse, etc.  In the meantime, the other knee is beginning to wear a bit.  When the time comes for a fix on that, it will be a full replacement.

So, all things considered, I will do this when it needs to be done.  Last time was when I was still working and I was driving back and forth 30 miles round trip on snow and ice each day.  I was more concerned about how tired I was when we left the drs office.  I could actually sleep 20 hours a day, and if not sleep, then lie down that long.  I need to talk with my rheumy and/or GP docs about this more in depth.  I think we can lay this thread to rest.   ;D  Lucy

Katybarstool

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2009, 12:36:20 PM »
Lucy

That's really good news. Even holding off for a year gives you a breathing space.

Hugs
Kathyx