Author Topic: Yeast-Free Diet Anyone?  (Read 12879 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Yeast-Free Diet Anyone?
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2009, 10:30:19 PM »
I have found the rice milk to be more palatable. I think that soy and tofu are so rich and upset my stomach. If you get the rice milk really cold it is good on cold cereal.

Also, don't forget the cheese that is made from goat milk. That should be a good cheese as it can be eaten by sensitive, allergic persons.

I cut out the red meats about 15 years ago and ate a very weird low fat diet. Lost 40 pounds. I also ate a lot of pasta and stir fry that was made very low cal and only with white meat. I got so I craved and pasta and didn't really miss the red meat that much. Ate a lot of salsa and raw, red peppers.(not the hot ones) I keep trying to get in the mood for that diet and am just not motivated. I ate salsa on baked potatoes with cottage cheese. Lots of pop corn for snacking. I need the chewing!!! Irish ;D

wednesday mc haggis

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2009, 11:34:11 PM »
Danz girl

Linda is right, but oats contain gluten, so if your gluten free is stay away from it, rice milk is nice i like that.

There are vegan totally non dairy chesses out there, so if your problem is just dairy thats an idea.but they seem to have  sugar and alot of additives in them, they didnt seem to be that healthy looking for the canddia diet.

I did buy my son lactofree  range of lactose free cheeses and milks available here, that have been made with live good bacterium, that live in the lactose, therefore the end products is lactose free, so since my reading and understanding of the candida diet, is the lactose is a milk sugar that feeds candida, and this range is free of it, likely be fine, unless you are dairy intolerant full stop, have to say my post nasal drip disappeared when i cut out dairy.I did try a piece, it was just as nice as real cheese, so if its just a lactose intolerance, thats the way to go, if you can get it in the US, but as i think dairy altogether isnt a good idea for me, ill stay away from it as yet

T x

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 11:43:07 PM by wednesday mc haggis »

DanzGrl

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2009, 11:21:07 AM »
Good news ladies.... You have inspired me!  Today is the first day of my yeast-free diet.   So far, so good. Please pray for me! :) 

Epson

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2009, 12:40:35 PM »
When I was younger, I tried every goofy "health diet" known to man, thinking it would help my stomach problems and general health.  The only thing that worked for me ways  good old fashion prescription drugs and I'm really glad, because I love dead cow and pig, nothing against yard birds or fish.  In-fact the only thing I have to be careful about eating is to many vegetables, seems that I don't digest them well.

Isn't the beauty on being on top of the food chain the ability to eat all the other creatures, I mean bunnies eat vegetation and my dog and cats eat them.  Nothing beats spare ribs roasted all day over a hickory fire and slathered in Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce.  Then I wash it all down with an ice cold glass of whole mike, 2% and skim milk are for sissies and real men don't drink soy or rice milk, milk come from cows and goats, not soy beans.  Now you Canadians know that Crown Royal is about as close to mothers milk as one can get and if it's not available in heaven, I refuse to go!  The only thing I don't like about Canada is your bacon, too lean, bacon is just no good unless it has lots artery clogging fat, back bacon just won't do.  Oh don't foreget the butter on the fresh croissants right out of the oven and some ice cream or Galatea for desert.

I'm sure that in my life time the medical community will endorse my life style, it seem that they change their minds about what is good for you to eat every couple of years.

eyeamdry

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2009, 03:56:53 PM »
Maybe you should change your name to Tarzan.   ;D  Lucy

Epson

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2009, 04:01:23 PM »
Lucy,

I still like my popsicles, Tarzan didn't have popsicles.  How about Hannibal the Cannibal?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 04:28:26 PM by Epson »

jonnell

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2009, 06:26:42 PM »
I dont know about all this, people in the olden days didnt have special diets and they lived just fine. 

eyeamdry

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2009, 09:55:29 PM »
I'm not doing real well here on the "diet."  My diet coke has been triggering my desires.  lol.  I have been giving in to my desires, too.  Please no lectures on how to do it.  My diet is considerably closer to the yeast-free.  I've even had thought of having a cigarette and I haven't smoked in 20 years.  Really.  Lucy

wednesday mc haggis

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2009, 01:32:35 AM »
danz  yay!! wishing you the best of luckl with it, truly hope it works for you x

Epson  lmaoooooooooooooo  i agree, and i do miss my old ways i really do, but its working for me, and i like feeling i have some control over this.

Jonnell   this is true, sjogrens with discovered in the 1800s so its not new, there was cases of fibromyaliga dating back to 1500s they just thought ppl were mad, and the average life span was 45-50 years old, unless you were rich    lol

Eyeam   its a helluva change, i find it i do cheat it sparks off my desire to have more and more, i find that too, strane the things you start craving, good luck with it all

T x   

Epson

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2009, 11:52:34 AM »
People died at an early age in the 1500 because they lacked the medical knowledge that we have today.  It is unbelievable how many died during child birth, mother and child or from syphilis, dysentery and pneumonia.  I believe that genetics has more to due with longevity than any other factor.  Doctors can keep people alive for ever, if quality of life isn't important.

That's not to say that over indulgence and exposures to toxins in the work environment can't have a negitive effect on ones general health or length of life.

laney

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2009, 01:04:28 AM »
lol, actually, the part about the vegetables is not so wrong.  A friend researched the effects of high nitrates (found in veggies, the fresher, the more, as I understand it.)
She found she calmed her DH (dermatitus hepiforus) a celiac-related symptom, by eliminating nitrates whereever she could. Found them in 'sensitive' toothpastes as well. It explained why I finally realized that every late summer when friends gave lots of their gardens' bountys, I had yeast reaction symptoms.

Hard to believe, but then, doesn't that make some of us feel better?

Did anyone see 'House' this week? A rerun, no doubt. About the gal with ever-increasing neuro symptoms. She was a diet/weight loss/ excercise guru. It lands up she had a rare condition that required higher carbs and subsequent weight gain to be healthy and/or drug therapy. I should look up the episode. There is probably a website. Just to catch the name of the condition again.

I've got to pray for wisdom. There is no good guessing. Each has to do what's right for them.  The tough part is knowing what that is. lol :)   

DanzGrl

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2009, 09:48:26 AM »
My GP "ran some tests" on me to see if I had a yeast problem.  Well, you might know I did.  He tried to get me on this yeast diet about 20 years ago when he first took over the practice.  I've been dragging my heels, but know I must do it.

Problem is I hate meat and am 95% vegetarian.  So, there isn't much for me to eat.  I complained about foggy-brain this time and that's when he brought out the old yeast-free thing.  I will have to stop my diet Coke, which I live for.  I will start this one day this week.  I must look closely at the things I can have and stock up on them.  Getting protein will be a problem.  I can have eggs, I believe.  Cheese is a staple for me now, but I think that's out.

I'd like any comments from others on their thoughts about this yeast "thing." I have to say that I've not ever taken much antibiotic--and I know this is often the result of that.  Not in my case.   Lucy

Lucy - how is the diet going?  I cheated really bad - for a whole week.  Starting again next week.  Good luck!

missyb

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2009, 01:21:07 PM »
Well I'm just to glad to hear you are cutting out diet coke! it is nothing but chemical laden  poison. I was terribly addicted to diet pepsi,( I STILL crave it after several years, it must have crack as an ingredient!) and I  wonder what all those artificial sweeteners did to contribute to the flare that brought me down 4 years ago.