Author Topic: Something for hair lost?  (Read 1581 times)

eyeamdry

Something for hair lost?
« on: July 02, 2009, 02:45:31 PM »
I'm writing about this so I don't forget about it.  I was whining about my thinning hair to my rheumy yesterday and she said something about getting "Biotene."  I said, "is this the stuff I use for brushing my teeth?"  She said no.  I believe it is in a capsule ..ie..vitamin type..  I have not been to the pharmacy to check this out yet.  You can believe I'll find it or call her office back.  Lucy

Linda196

• Administrator
Re: Something for hair lost?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 03:26:05 PM »
She may have meant biotin, which is Vitamin B8
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

DesignerS

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 03:29:32 PM »
Yes, I am sure she meant Biotin.  You can find it at any drugstore.  I wonder if it really helps.  If you try it, please let us know:)

Designer

eyeamdry

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »
thanks for the correction!  She seemed to really think this would help. 

gurs

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 05:26:43 AM »
Lucy,

She meant biotin...she told me the same thing...did she give you any other news? guess we have to wait for the labs. I usually call her office a week later and
they fax them to me via efax..I gave up on the hair loss thing. I think most of mine is hormonal so Im going to work on that now.

take care...

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements