Author Topic: Plainfield Illinois Area Sjogren's Support Group  (Read 2041 times)

AGreyLowry

Plainfield Illinois Area Sjogren's Support Group
« on: May 07, 2009, 08:24:14 AM »
Hello All;

Technically I'm not a newbie to this forum, I just haven't posted anything or been involved with the forum for probably over a year. I of course couldn't remember my user name or passwrod so I requested new ones.

I was diagnosed with Sjogrens, Osteo-Arthritis and Fibromayglia in September, 2007. Like everyone else I had no idea what any of these diseases were. The internet was my saving grace. My first stop was the Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation were I learned a lot but I wanted to meet and be around other people that understood what I was feeling. Since that time I have started a Support Group for others in my area that have Sjogren's. The group started with me and a co-leader in 2-08, we now have 8 members that attend every month ;D we learn from each other.

If there is anyone that is a part of the forum that lives in the Joliet, Plainfield, Naperville and Aurora Illinois areas that are looking for a Support Group we meet every month on the 3th Thursday evening.

Linda196

• Administrator
Re: Plainfield Illinois Area Sjogren's Support Group
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 11:32:35 AM »
Welcome back, Audrey, glad to hear that you've been so involved in helping others, it always seems to help the one who organizes as much as anyone.

Thanks for the invitation, but unfortunately it's a bit of a commute from eastern Canada!
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

lynnmarie219

Re: Plainfield Illinois Area Sjogren's Support Group
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 06:29:59 PM »
Welcome back!

And thanks for invite....I live about an hour from Plainfield...its good to know there is a support group there and that you have been such a big part of its success...thank you!