Author Topic: Jennas big sis goes to Dupont tomorrow  (Read 10125 times)

HL in NY

Re: Jennas big sis goes to Dupont tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 04:49:45 AM »
Great news!!!

I'm so pleased to hear this (And I'm sitting up straighter too)

You must be so relieved.

Heather

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 06:28:52 AM »
Hi Jonnell  :)

Well - that must be a weight off your mind! I'm so glad she doesn't have scoliosis. I was always telling my daughters not to slouch when they were at home. One has a pretty straight back - but the other doesn't. Too much time slumped over a computer I think.  Maybe our kids need 'deportment classes'. They could walk around with books on their heads!

I hope the physical therapy goes well. I know I've benefitted from various physio exercises over the years - and so did my youngest daughter who had lower back problems.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Chickpea

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 07:11:05 AM »
Hi Jonnell

What a relief!  I couldn't bear the idea of another serious health issue on your shoulders.  As I read your post I could feel myself sitting straighter.  It's so easy to get into bad habits.

Now what about the other issue we raised?  How are you?  Are you taking good care of yourself?  I wondered whether there is support offered for carers in your community?  Where I live (Brighton, UK) there are all sorts of groups offering practical and emotional support for carers, from help with hospital visits to massage sessions for the carer.

Take good care of your dear self - Chickpea

harrigan

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 12:42:16 PM »
So pleased to hear the news that no op is needed and that Kat's problem can be helped by some lifestyle changes and strengthening exercises.  It's still going to mean another round of appointments for you to manage though and for that you have my sympathy!

These school bags are a real concern - I see pupils lugging kit, laptops, books etc round with them all day.  I have a lock-up cupboard for my Y7 form and they come in and out all day to get their stuff, but at least they go home upright!

Really hope life settles down for you all for a bit Jonnell! xx Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

jonnell

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 04:36:35 PM »
Chickpea,  Im doing ok, little tired with all these appointments.  Very thankful that kat doesnt need surgery.  But I need some advice.  All Jennas symptoms are gone from the vomitting, diahrea, and bad stomach pains,  wonder if I should try the plaquinil again at a half of half which is 25 mg a day and will that do anything for her symptoms. I know I should call her Rhumy but they dont like to admit that meds make you sick and they have never given someone so young plaquinil.   Hugs and Kissess   Jonnell and Jenna

lynnmarie219

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 06:30:02 PM »
Great news about Kat! I have been in PT on several occasions and it has always been a great help to me...I have always benefited from it!

As far as starting the plaquenil again with Jenna.....I would notify her rheumy and ask.....I'm sure they would want to be informed and follow her through this...especially since she is so young!

Hugs to you all.....

Patze

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 03:56:17 AM »
That is great news!  Whew, you have to be breathing again!!!

And Lynnmarie makes a good point, please check with the rheumy before starting Jenna back on Plaquenil, you don't want any suprises (I think you've had enough for a few years!).

Take care and I'm sending you a giant hug -

( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( H U G ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) )

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

KYMOM

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 06:29:20 AM »
You must feel a great sense of relief.  The backpack are unbelievable.  I can't even carry my teens packs from school.  There classes are so spaced out much of the time that they don't have time to go to the lockers.  When you start the plaquenil again let us know how Jenna is doing with it.  Happy to hear that she is feeling better from the bug.  Hugs to both girls. Roxanne

missyb

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 07:27:55 AM »
Seeeeeeeeeeee mom was right, you thought it was the back pack to begin with!
How about one on wheels?

JannaLee

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 01:23:38 PM »
Jonnell,

I just got back from a short trip and found this thread!  It is wonderful to hear Kat is going to be okay!

Thinking of you, sweetie!
Janna

Chickpea

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 02:06:14 PM »
Hi Jonnell

It's good to hear that Jenna's symptoms have gone because nausea and a bad tummy can make you feel really low. 

I agree with Patze and Lynnmarie that it makes sense to discuss what's happened recently with her rheumy at Dupont.  They'll be keeping notes on how she's reacting to her new treatment and this will be really helpful to them.  No doubt they'll have good ideas about how to help her adjust to Plaquenil again, and how to introduce the dose slowly. 

Hope she continues to get over her bad tummy.

Love to all the family - Chickpea

jonnell

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2009, 05:35:55 PM »
She is over the tummy but now complaining of bad leg pains,  it was very hot here for 2 days she had a school trip I chaparone the trip but it about killed her.  Does anyone have any suggestions about how to make these school trips better for her?  She has one this week to the zoo that one will be a lot of walking and shes going with dumb a  dad.  Thank God I have the beach trip she would be a lobster and in major pain if dad went on that one.    Hugs and Kissess  Jonnell and Jenna

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2009, 05:48:06 PM »
Hi Jonnell  :)

Do make sure when she's on these trips that she is using high factor sunscreen and is covered up from the sun as well. The sun can make all our aches and pains worse. I make sure my arms and legs are covered and usually wear a big floppy hat too.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

JannaLee

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2009, 01:55:22 PM »
Jonnell,

I've found the plaquenil has helped me the most with my joint pain (in feet, legs and hips.)  It will be a while before Jenna's plaq. gets to a therapeutic level and she will feel a bit better. 

All I can advise is... give her to Dumb A Dad as rested as possible and beg him to use the sunscreen.  Maybe he could give her some Children's Advil (or whatever brand they make Naproxen in children's dose.)

I hope you can get her leveled out during the summer so when she starts school next fall, she will be feeling better.

Janna

jonnell

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2009, 02:48:43 PM »
Janna,  I love you you always make me laugh.  How have you been feeling?  Hope everything is going Ok for you and your family  Happy Mothers Day by the way.   Lots of love, hugs,  and kissess    Jonnell and Jenna