Author Topic: burning throat  (Read 1052 times)

lilbitz

burning throat
« on: May 03, 2009, 01:04:51 PM »
Hello everyone,

My throat feels like it is on fire it doesn't hurt and it doesn't feel like a reflux type burning.The burning sensation comes and goes through out the day this has been going on for a few days now.Anyone else ever experience this?

JannaLee

Re: burning throat
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 01:06:52 PM »
Is this a nerve like pain?  Or a dryness pain?

Does cool water help, or yogurt?  Have you tried some of that Chloroseptic spray to numb it?

I'm so sorry for it!

Love, Janna

I've read of others who suffer this.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 01:08:50 PM by JannaLee »

wednesday mc haggis

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 01:15:24 PM »
lilbitz

could be acid reflux burning up the oesophagus, so try not to eat anything spicy or aggravating right now. or it could be a thrt infection, or just the dryness, id say see your GP if this hasnt settled by tomorrow, if it is infection better to catch it early as possible, or if its reflux getting on some emds to help

good luck

T x

TerriJ

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 01:34:49 PM »
Sometimes I get what feels like a sore throat, but it's kind of odd.  It comes and goes fairly quick.  I don't have a lot of dryness in my throat or mouth.  The only thing that is really dry are my eyes.  Lilbitz, do you have a very dry mouth and throat that could be causing this problem?

Terri

lilbitz

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 03:06:38 PM »
My throat doesn't feel dry at all but my lips are very dry as is my skin and eyes maybe my throat is dry and I am so used to it.
I am also having alot of inflammation in my chest and joints it hurts to breathe in hard and it feels like the air is not going all the way in,but I don't have any cold symptoms.I will be calling the doctor in the morning.Thanks for the replys.

Stacey

amiamiami

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 01:46:03 PM »
ok - since joining this board, I've seen every one of my symptoms mentioned...it's kind of affirming to know that I wasn't making them up!  I have this one for sure...my throat feels weird, almost like I swallowed a thousand tic tacs...cool burning sensation...it comes and goes...I also have some burping issues, but it flares up and down, not related to food (not GERD)...

oh goodness, our bodies are weird  ;)