Author Topic: Gum Pain  (Read 2082 times)

Wynter

Gum Pain
« on: April 30, 2009, 04:36:33 AM »
Hey All,

My gums always hurt. I had a root canal a few weeks ago and it seems to have healed fine. An endodontist did the root canal, so I had to go back to the dentist to get the temporary put on. That was yesterday afternoon. This morning the gums around the tooth are red, irritated, and soar. Anyone ever had this problem? I don't think it's infected, but it does really hurt.

Patze

Re: Gum Pain
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 05:29:27 AM »
Hi Wynter,

I don't know if the tooth area is infected or not, but I'd call the dentist and ask about it soon if you can.  If he's of no help, then go to the endodontist.

Hang in there and take care -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

KYMOM

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 06:29:07 AM »
Wynter, So sorry you are in pain this morning.  I agree with Patze.  Try and get in to see the dentist. Roxanne

cat

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 09:40:04 AM »
I always have burning sore gums but they are not red or irritated. You need to be checked because the redness indicates there is something going on there. Hope you get relieve soon.

Cat

Wynter

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 10:34:47 AM »
Hi Cat,

Thanks for your reply. I went to the dentist this morning and she said the redness was just gum irritation from the temporary crown. She said give a few days and if get's worse, then call her. I am going to rinse w/warm salt/baking soda water.

Anyway, I am curious about your burning gums. When my symptoms were not that bad (meaning I had slighly dry mouth and yes), I didn't have hardly any pain from my teeth. Last year, after alot of stress, my those symptoms got much worse, and along cam this gum pain that is aggravated by what I call frictional forces, chewing, talking, move food around in mouth, smiling. I have been to the family doc, rheumy, dentists, oral surgeon, and neurologist and no one can give me an answer. I am goint to Cleveland Clinic in May to see a new rheumy and neurologist.

Please enlighten me on your burning gums because it really is painful.

Pisces24

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 05:34:25 PM »
Got an odd one for you. I have an area about 1/6 of my lower jaw that is numb! 
I had wisdom teeth taken out years ago and the dentist double novacained me and evidentially got a nerve. It has been at least 5 years and it is still numb there.

Sooo sorry to hear about your teeth pain. :(  Hope they gave you something to ease the pain. I've had a tooth cavatiy problem for about 8-9 years and never figured out why. Now with my SJS diagnosis it makes sense. Prior to that time, I had maybe 4 cavities my entire life! Wow.  And the rheum dr says my mouth isn't abnormally dry - it is my eyes.

Good Luck!

cat

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 12:45:11 PM »
Hi Wynter

Sorry I am only just now replying to your question. Have been to knocked out to do anything past few days.

I have such brain fog it is hard for me to give a good description of my burning and sore gums. The gums don't just burn but are also sore, kind of like when you were young and cutting a tooth. Also I get toothaches for no apparent reason. Actually my entire mouth is affected. I find it is better to eat softer foods. I cook all vegs and fruits exc bananas. I do find that I have to floss more than once a day. That helps and it does get worse if I don't if I don't floss often.  I go every three months to Dentist for a cleaning. I do not drink anything but water as everything else just adds to the burning sensation. If I am stressed or ill with something else it is always worse. My tonque is very cracked and sore also. I do use the Biotene mouth rinse, toothpaste and moisturizer along with a product called moistir. I have to say the burning never does go completely away. I don't know if this is of any use but hey I tried. I'm so new to this site and am not up on the use of a computer. You can probably tell. Hang in there it has to get better at some point.

Cat