Author Topic: Whirlwind  (Read 2184 times)

Sandra

Whirlwind
« on: April 08, 2009, 12:58:14 PM »
Hi all, just had a really good day, thought i'd share. My Mom has had cancer since Jan 2005. Had kidney removed and constant visits and test since. Mets to the lung, tumor on remaining kidney.... In Dec I thought i'd lost her as she became very, very ill overnight. Ambulance that whole thing, in patient for a month. Turns out it was pneumonia and a kidney infection not related to her cancer. So at that point we were told it would not be likely she would be allowed to take any treatment, (palliative only) she and we were broken hearted. Thought we had missed our window of opportunity by not being told the whole truth of how advanced the mets were. Terrible time. But she rallied once agoain and we saw the oncologist a month ago, he could not beleive she was doing so well, talked again about treatment but a scan of her heart and brain were required first due to some brainfog and fatigue. Well tuens out again that it was all realated to the pneumonia, she was very sick and it just knocked the stuffings out of her for a while.
Today she got a total green light for treatment. We were told it was a very good option for her, the drug is funded (as some are not) but she is doing so well they don't want to start yet as she is not showing any symptomology from the cancer.
Aint' it just GREAT! Kind of opens up the mind to let the life shine through! Just had to tell sombody! Thanks Sandra

dbab

Re: Whirlwind
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 01:10:11 PM »
Oh, how wonderful Sandra!!!  :)  I'm so happy to hear that for you and your family!

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 01:37:35 PM »
Hi Sandra  :)

That is really good news. I hope the treatment gets started soon and is also tolerable. Your Mom certainly sounds like a fighter. thanks for sharing.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Katybarstool

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 12:15:22 AM »
Sandra

It seems like miracles rally do happen. What wonderful news.

KAthyx

wednesday mc haggis

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 03:01:08 AM »
sandra

i am so pleaed to read this, i know its been a tough time for both of you. Well sounds like your mum is quite a woman,  and proving the doctors wrong. So glad she is doing so well and proving the doctors wrong, i bet you wanted to shout it from the roof tops, hope your better within yourself, and your issues are helped by the stress of this being reduced , best wishes to you both

T x

jonnell

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 03:56:32 AM »
Hi Sandra,  Very good news for you I hope everything works out you and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Chickpea

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 12:03:55 PM »
Hi Sandra

This is wonderful news!  I know how hard you've been praying for you mum and how loving you've been to her. 

This is such a relief for you all.  Thanks so much for telling your Sjoggie family about it.

Thinking of you all - Chickpea