Author Topic: Disability - Based on Eyes  (Read 4624 times)

Bernice

Re: Disability - Based on Eyes
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 10:28:21 PM »
Yea? Well I live close to one of the 'TOP" in the field too, people come from all over the world to see him, You probably have seen him on TV, but guess what he wants $7,000.00 an eye, then add $300.00 an eye for pre-examination screenings. So let's see that's 7,000x2 ( got two eyes) + 300.00 x2  =$20,000.00 CASH MONEY! This buster M@@@ insists that he refuse insurance payment, he wants his money upfront. I have insurance, that was willing to pay, between  my vision & physical coverage it would be paid since it is considered a physical problem not mere vision. He says he will help patients to file once procedure is OVER! Now for me $20,000.00 is not pocket change or anything I can find in my bank account!

Don't get me started on my experiences with doctors, it ain't pretty!!!!!!!!Ha!

Peace & Be Blessed
Bernice

eyeamdry

Re: Disability - Based on Eyes
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 01:51:57 PM »
Bernice, drs are very protective of their pockets.  After all, why should they "help" you after they already have been paid?  $20,000 is a huge sum that most people cannot just pull out of their wallet.  Grrrrrrrr. 

Unfortunately, I DON'T live close to any of the TOP docs, so all my trips include travel, motel, meals etc.  Oh, I'd better get off the subject before I get all worked up.  Lucy