Author Topic: Glad it's over!!!!  (Read 16182 times)

Epson

Re: Glad it's over!!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 11:13:45 AM »
Chana:  I'll bite the bullet rather then take morphine.  Morphine causes projectile vomiting, not good.  We don't have a tub bid enough for me to get into, would peeing in the shower work?

Pud:  I was taking some pill to neutralize the urine, but it didn't help.

Genko:  You will never look at grater cheese the same way again.

McHaggis:  I stocked up on cranberry juice, so far no good.

Kimbo:  I got the results today, another cancerous tumor, but kidneys look o.k.

pudmott

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 11:17:13 AM »
AWW MAN

Sorry to hear there's another one. Are they going to get that too? I will hope and pray that all turns out well for you.

Sending the big good vibes your way

Pud

Katybarstool

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 11:26:53 AM »
Epson

I'm so sorry to hear about the new tumour. What are they planning next?

Hugs (gentle ones)

Kathyx

BonusMom

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 12:58:24 PM »
Oh da**!  I'm sorry that they've discovered another tumor  :'(

You've faced so many challenges, but they haven't affected your wickedly wonderful sense of humor, Epson!  You have made me smile (albeit it crossing the legs-saying EWWWW!!!!) with your posts.  I always look forward to see what you've added to the forum  ;D

I don't know your history Epson, so please pardon me if it's already been "asked and answered", but are your kidney/bladder issues AI related?

Epson

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 01:16:34 PM »
Well, the tumor was removed on Friday, but I got the report on it today saying that it was cancer again.  BCG therapy will start in a few weeks.  I also had a stint place in my right ureter

As far as what caused it, hard to say, but I don't think I can blame it on Sjogren's.  It could be due to DES exposure as a fetus or chemical exposure that I got at work.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2009, 01:19:52 PM »
Shoot Epson - that stinks! I'm glad the kidneys are OK. I hope you get more comfortable soon. I know what you mean about morphine - it makes me throw up too. Totally detracts from any pain relief it gives. I don't even think it makes the pain go - it jjust makes people too incoherent to tell anyone about it!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

ohiolady

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 03:47:41 PM »
Epson,

I am so sorry about this news.  It is not an easy thing to deal with when you've been told you have cancer and knowing it can return. One thing I've learned is to live one day at a time and not think too much.  Each day has enough trouble of its own without borrowing from tomorrow.

I just saw my surgeon today and he said, I wish I could tell you 100% that it will never return but I can't, it was cancer.   My husband said, in some ways, you have a gift, you will not live life glibly.   Whoops, just realized I'm getting deep.  Just know that I care.

Sending concern and prayers your way.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

Chana M

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2009, 03:55:18 PM »
Epson - I'm really sorry to hear that this too is cancer.  There's nothing I can say that doesn't sound trite - I know because I've written and rewritten this message trying to find the right thing to say!  Just to let you know that you have friends who care about you in all sorts of odd parts of the world, and they're all sorts of odd people too.

Anna's right - and why not get 'deep' at a time like this? - that 'you will not live life glibly'.  Just as long as you live it with a wry smile on your face.  After all a lot of it is really a bit ridiculous.

What is BCG therapy and how will it affect you? Will you be able to continue working?  Will the dog cope?

Take good care of yourself
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 02:45:41 PM by quiger »

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2009, 04:04:32 PM »
Epson,

Sorry to hear the about the tumor results. I am sure you are so tired of all the nasty health stuff.

You really are in my prayers and thoughts.

We are all so proud of your wonderful sense of humor and great fun attitude. But if you feel like rage-ing we are here for you to rage, also.

Hugs, kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

genko_b

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 06:01:07 PM »
Epson:

Absolutely not fair, not fair at all.

Yes it is OK to pee in the shower.

I have thought about getting a new cheese grater for kitchen use. I mean, you know what I mean.

Here's a headine for you: "Ohio man, beset by tumors in the nether regions and random other health occurrences, leaves string of helplessly laughing women in his wake."

A rabbi friend of mine in Philadelphia sent me this in an email:
there is a Hebrew prayer in the daily morning service that thanks God for the miracle of the workings of the human body and  that " all  bodily openings that should be open-remain open  + that " all  bodily openings that should be closed---remain closed".
The children [at the yeshiva - Hebrew school] always laugh at this one---little do they know!

I'll have to find the rest of the prayer!

Anyway Epson, you know you are in our hearts and thoughts and prayers. There are no words for the wonderful support you have given all of us, and we are doing our best here to return the favor and call in any chips we can on your behalf. Your life is very precious to us all.

Take care, dear friend. Try not to work too hard.

Genko

ktfabian

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 06:20:17 PM »
Geez Epson-

Your really not getting any breaks, are you?  I'm very sorry the tumor was cancerous and hope that, with this one, the cancer is gone.

I hope you can find a relatively pain free state and live there happily for a while (and I mean mental state, not US state,  With the economy in the sewer, I doubt you could find a happy state in the US right now!)

Don't be surprised if I'm up emailing you at 3:30am this morning after having nightmares of robotic cheese graters chasing giant penises around, though.

Hang in there, Epson.  I hope the year only gets better from here,
Tracy

quiger

• Sjogrens Staff
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2009, 06:47:24 PM »
Hi Epson,

Drat, definitely not the news you want to hear. Hopefully the docs will make short work of that tumor and you will be able to get on with your life and leave all of this mess behind. I will be thinking of you and praying that this will be the last of the bad news. Hang in there, you are overdue for a break.

quiger

Check out the info on the home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 07:45:20 PM »
Epson, Sorry to hear that the tumor was cancer. I would bet that your gut told you it was so you weren't too surprised. I am not up on the BCG treatment so I will be interested to hear on it goes. Also, it is more common for people who smoked to get bladder cancer---so they say. Who knows in this polluted-chemical world that we live in.

Anna, I must say that I missed your surgery results. Sorry also about your cancer. Will hope and pray that all stays well with your body.

Hang in there you two---there are always many ways to treat things these days. Endurance is a big issue though. Irish ;D

Patze

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2009, 02:33:16 AM »
Hi Epson,

Dang, I'm sorry that the tumor was cancerous, you sure could use some good mojo (sending you a ton!).  Take care my friend, and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2009, 06:41:28 AM »
Epson,

Sorry to hear your tumor is cancerous.  They have made great strides in treating cancer these days - lots of success stories. 

Have you ever considered taking up boxing?  Might be a good release for you to punch the crap out of the hanging bag (don't know what's it called) for all your health problems.  Poor bag might not last very long, but it might make you feel better.   ;D

Hang in there and know we are all here routing for ya.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)