Author Topic: Another infection!!!  (Read 17306 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Another infection!!!
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2008, 12:14:54 AM »
Just a note to all of you to let you know that if I don't show up around here much it is because I don't feel well and have things to get done with the holidays coming. Plus, my infection seems to have reared its head again. I have b3en in contact with several doctors the past few weeks and today I felt so lousy that I was in bed or on the couch all day. Tonight my swollen throat or tonsillar area had another "rupture" as I call it. I let my immunologist know about it per phone and have collected another sputum sample.

I also did some googling and I think I have diagnosed myself. I think that I have what is called Actinomyctes infection. This can happen with extensive dental work with infections. The whole shooting match sounds like what I have gone through these past years. I know that the infection has invaded more of my facial and throat tissues and I don't know if I would be able to have any of the bad tissue removed surgically. Years ago I asked several docs if this could be what I have and of course because I mentioned the issues the doctors would pooh-pooh the idea(sorry pooh 8)

I wish they had listened to me!!! I could be wrong but I doubt it as I have been tested and scanned and poked for all these years with no results. Both my hubby and I are older and more tired and sick of all the driving and running here and there and this could mean more intense doctoring--again. By the way, my hubbey's surgery yesterday went well and they blasted his bladder stone, and did a cysto under anesthesia and did several bladder biopsies because the inside of the ballder was so inflammed. Doc though it was because of the stone pounding on the wall of his bladder for who knows how long. He gets his catheter out tomorrow. Please keep me in your prayers if you think of it. I have to pull myself together to get through this ordeal. Hugs to all. Irish ;D ;D

Katybarstool

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2008, 12:23:58 AM »
Hi Irish

I hope you are right with your diagnosis, so that you can finally get treated. Well done for having the tenacity to wade through all the research.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.

God bless.
Kathyx

Chana M

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2008, 02:09:16 AM »
Oh Irish

My heart goes out to you.  You say that you have to 'pull yourself together to get through this ordeal'.  It sounds to me as though you're pulling yourself together brilliantly; I just wish it wasn't such an ordeal and you didn't have to go through it.

You're in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm sure those of many others.

Chana x

pudmott

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2008, 03:45:37 AM »
Irish honey,

I don't have to think about it. you are already on the top of my list of prayers right now. I have been thinking of you all week wondering how you're going. I only have a tiny infection compared to you and its driving me nuts, soi can't even imagine what you are going through right  now. I'm glad you listened to your body and rested today and that your hubby's operation went well.

Take care of yourself honey and just get here when you can to keep us posted.

(((((((((((IRISH))))))))))))))))))

Pud

JannaLee

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2008, 07:21:57 AM »
Dear darling sweetie Irish,

I am praying also! 

I am certain you are right about where your infection is...so now the challenge will be stroking "professional ego's" to get treatment.

Wishing you both wellness,
Janna

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2008, 08:49:06 AM »
Hi Irish

You must be exhausted. Everyone will understand if you are not around but do please pop in now and again and give us a quick update - or we'd worry!

I'm truly sorry you're feeling so rotten and constantly going for appointments is no help - I know.

I'm glad yuour hubby's surgery is over and done with and hope his recovery goes smoothly. Both of you being ill at the same time must be so hard.

thoughts with you both.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2008, 10:33:42 PM »
Well, here I am again. Still exhausted and still with draining areas in throat and base of tongue. My immunologist's nurse called back and they have put me on biaxin for 14 days and flagy for 14 days and if not better I am to see ENT again. I also called and gave a message to my ENT's nurse about the draining tissues in my throat.

I am also sure that I over reacted about the actinomycetes infection although it sure has the sound of what I am going through only not as acute. There are other infections in that family that are not as severe and are anerobic or bacteria that grow with out the presence of air. Quite usual in infections from dental work and other infections in the deep tissues in throat etc.

I guess it will be the wait game again. Hope that my ENT doc calls tomorrow cause I still think I will need to have incision and drainage of this junk. Hubby and I are about stressed out from all the medical issues that seem to follow us. None have been severe enough to kill us but sure cramp our style. Now, what was our style again. Fun comes few and far between with the chronically ill.

I am not coping as well as I should as everything seems to just have piled up on me. However, I did get to the basement tonight and mopped up and straightened up in my wash room and washed a few loads of clothes. Have plans for tomorrow also and it darn well better be a half way good day. ( Now I have getting feisty, you can tell I have about had it) TAke care all. Hugs and thanks to all of you for your support. At my house I am occasionally referred to as "pus bucket"!!! :o Irish ;D

pudmott

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2008, 02:41:03 AM »
Hey Pus bucket,

You know its ok to fall in heap every now and then. You don't have to be a martyr. Its only when you stay in the heap that it becomes a problem. Allow yourself to rest and let your body get better. Allow yourself to be ok with being sick for five minutes.

Take Care Honey

Pud

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2008, 09:50:16 PM »
Hi Pud, I know you are right about the resting. I am not able to sleep during the day much. I can be just exhausted and want to sleep but it doesn't happen. Today, I stayed in bed until 11 am and then was going to do a few things while still in my nightie. I had to sit down and rest and I fell asleep and dosed much of the day. My hubby(who is still resting up from his surgery) got dinner and supper so that was really nice. Now I am awake and hope that I can sleep tonight. Take care. Irish ;D ;D

ktfabian

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2008, 11:31:46 PM »
Irish-

There's no need to rush off and do that laundry - at least not until you both run out of undies and pjs.  And then the healthier of the two can just slip down to WalMart or such and buy a few weeks more to get you through!

You're in my prayers and hope they get all this mess under control once and for all for you!
Take care, Tracy

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2008, 06:32:25 AM »
Hey Irish,

My prayers are on the ENT.

When you are down like this, if you can just solve one priority in your house per day. It's enough to get by with a two people  household. I prayer you have the energy to just do that.

But I also know from my own experience, the gloom that sets in when extreme fatigue and nagging health issues dominate our lives.

Get out your photo albums and feast on great memories.

Eat happy food -Blue bell home made vanilla ice cream with lots of Hershey's syrup for lunch makes great diet food when subbed for a meal. (makes any throat feel better, too)

Please don't stress the holidays, Just being with our loved ones in a simple kind of way is the main ingredient to Happy Holidays. Simple plans are the best layed plans.

I pray your ENT takes you very serious and I pray he listens to you.

We all love you so very much, you are a force to all our sjoggy bodies.  MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU !!!!!!!   ;D

S
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »
Irish,

Sending you bushels of get well quick wishes to you and your husband.  You both have had more than your share of illness this year.  Enough already!!  I agree with other posts - let the laundry go (turn your clothes inside out if you need too . . lol).  I wished I lived nearby, I'd come over and help you.

Rest and take care of yourself.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)