Author Topic: Another infection!!!  (Read 17414 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Another infection!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 10:00:56 PM »
Thanks again for all the nice replys. You gals sure can make my day.

I had talked to immunologist office and told them I was having yeast again. I think I am wearing them out. I know that they are busy and overwhelmed because of moving into a new office building. The office and infusion center are 1 floor apart and I bet they are having a heck of a time adjusting. Anyway, I did not hear from them by 1PM so I just called and made an appointment with the new doctor I plan to start with.

I saw him a couple of hours later and I am so happy I will be changing. He is my hubbies doc and he is one of the kindest, caring doctors that I have ever had. He is very low key and doesn't get upset very easily. I don't think he realized I had so many problems but he didn't leave the room so I guess it is still a "go". 8)

Anyway, he put me on Diflucan, 2 tabs today and then 1 a day for 14 days. I am sure glad I went because by this evening I was feeling even worse. I even had a 99.6 fever at the office. So now I will just keep resting until I start to feel better. Hubby is out plowing for the neighbor so I don't even had to cook lunch these days.

My girl friend with sjogrens was in the hospital and had my doc and he told her that he prays for all his patients. That really sounds good to me as I can use all the prayers offered up. Oh, and by the way, little "poor" me(as in not much money) sits and watches TV as the politicians and wall street people are wringing their hands over the stock market. I just can't come to grips with that as I don't have enough money to even worry about. I figure it everything all goes "south" we will all be in the same boat and we poor ones will be pretty well off. We don't have to adjust to living on a tight budget----we do it everyday of our lives. Pity the rich buggers!!!!! :oIrish ;D

pudmott

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 10:21:36 PM »
Hey Irish,

Im glad you got a nice doc. He sounds like a keep. Especially as he didnt run out of the room. Don't you love the yeast? Its such a nice friend. These bugs are really getting hold of you hey. You must be such a nice person they keep coming to stay with you. You gotta stop being so nice girlfriend.

As for the financials. heck yeah us poor ones are lucky we wont have to adjust we are already there. I'd rather be poor and happy.

You take care mate and look after yourself. I'll be thnkin of you

Pud

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 06:25:03 PM »
Irish,

I've been out a few days. I hate to hear your still battleling alien bugs.   I pray for those AB to pulverize and clean them out.

I love what Dolly said  :)  You are our TRUE GRITT!  ;D

I have a hammock on my front deck. If you were at my house, I would make you lay down on my hammock and watch the leaves blow as the gentle breeze flows and the clouds roll by. A good book and 3 pages into it , you would fall asleep with a big smile. 

I am so praying you feel better.  You mean so much to all of us.

Luv kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

pudmott

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 12:34:55 AM »
Kimbo can i come and play in your hammock too?

It sounds divine

Pud

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 11:48:41 AM »
Just an update on my current infections. These 2 or however many they are, are really tough buggers. I have been on Diflucan since Friday and took 2 tabs that day and now on the one day. Have been on cipro for 5 days and now on Avelox for 6 days and I have not reached the point where one knows that things are on the up and up.

I am a lot better as far as the mucus, cough and all the other things are but still feel quite ill and weak. Of course, my Myasthenia has kicked in because of the stress. Today I am starting to really sweat so that may mean I am turning the corner. If I don't show more improvement in the next few days it will mean back to the doc.

It is very interesting that over the years prior to going to the doctor with an infection that turns out to be a tough one, I will start to remove myself from the world as I feel that I am dying. I think, that in fact, I am because if it were not for the antibiotics I would be dead from infections that would not affect others nearly as much. I thank God for those few T-cells I have that are working so hard to keep me going. Have a good day folks. Irish  ;D

JannaLee

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 04:04:27 PM »
Irish my love,

I can tell you are feeling pretty darn low when you start talking about leaving us.  I love you dearly and wish I could give you a real hug and snuggle you down for a healing rest and carry the worry and pain for a while.

I'm praying with everything I've got for your comfort and healing.

pudmott

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 04:58:35 PM »
hey irish,

Look after those t-cells honey. we like having you round. I hope the sweats mean you are turning the corner and will finsih strong down the home straight.

I will send you some chicken e-soup to help you get better. Lots of hugs, some positive vibes. And a book of sick pud humour.

You take care honey and get your gorgeous self better

Pud

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 09:13:10 PM »
Janna, I guess I didn't say that right about feeling like I was dying. I am not saying that I am feeling suicidal, When people are dying (as noticed while nursing for many years) it is really common to see them slowly remove themselves from the world or their normal activities and socialization of daily living. It is really a phenomenon that is easy to assess when you work with patients day after day and year after year as I did.

Back in 1999 at Christmas time after a major surgery in April of that year I was walking down the hall at home and I stopped dead in my tracks and the feeling swept over me that there was something really wrong with me. I had been doctoring for years but had never felt this before. I just stood there and thought about it and came to the conclusion that "oh, this is just my anesthesia from the surgery still messing with my mind. I have always had increase of strange symptoms after anesthesia. Guess I should have listened to that feeling.

One other time I was so weak and ill and still working. Could hardly sit up while driving the car home from work, but iin spite of that had stopped and gotten groceries right after work. When I got home I staggered back and forth from the garage with brief case, purse, groceries, etc and when I got in the house the feeling hit me that I was dying. It was not that I was worrying about it or obscessing about it. It just came and left just as fast. I got into the doctor the next day and was put on antibiotics and got to feeling better.

What I am saying is that apparantly when a thought comes to me out of the blue I had better get my hinder to the doc cause there is something going on. Our bodies sure have strange ways of telling us things. I really feel pretty crappy and am not thrilled about how slow I am responding to the medication this time. However, besides being sick of being sick, I am sick of not being able to get my housework done. Since I have been ill I have had the messiest house and it embarrasses me cause I AM THE  ONE who makes the mess!!!!!Take care all Irish ;D

pudmott

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 09:18:07 PM »
you need a direct line between that brain and your hinder so that they can work in unison to get you to the doc.

As for the mess.....AAhhh dont worry. gives the place atmosphere

pud

JannaLee

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2008, 05:59:24 AM »
Oh Irish honey, your explanation is what I thought you meant in the first place, then I thought I was wrong.

I never thought you were suicidal, just real down about not being able to kick this latest infection.

I sure hope I didn't hurt your feelings or embarrass you.  You were my very first friend here and hold a special place in my heart.

Contritely yours,
Janna

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2008, 09:06:33 PM »
Janna, My friend to the North, no, I am not at all put out with you. I just figured that I didn't do very well at saying what I wanted to. You know how the old sjoggie brain works.

The one bad thing about being down and not able to be active is all my ice cream is settling south and also in my 3 bellies. I hate getting fat. I have always been a "healthy" looking girl weight wise (wore size 2 when I was a toddler) and I eat the craziest stuff because of my appetite being all goofed up. Of course add in the Prednisone and here comes the cellulite.Take care girl. I think you may get frost tonight. The temp dropped down here about 20 degrees later afternoon and it cleared up with a full moon. Better cover any flowers you want to save for awhile. Irish ;D

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 09:39:07 PM »
Just another update. I went to my psych for my med check and had to have a mini mental status test done because I am over 60. I PASSED and was I ever relieved. I missed remembering 2 of the 5 words they give you and one other little thing but I guess my mind is still with me----most of the time.

As far as infection goes---this is really strange. Still not feeling very well and am weak and sweat and have a lot of mucus. I was up much of the night last night coughing and hacking. I am very suspicious of the mycobacterium infection being back. I have a culture growing that should be ready to read about now so hopefully I will find out when I see the doc. Otherwise I really can give him a good sputum culture now.

My insurance is going to have a fit as I have had 3 sputum cultures in three months. The acid fast sputum for the mycobacterium is sent to the National Institute for Health and I will have to look but I bet that cost plenty. It takes about 2 months for it to grow and be identified. Never a dull moment. But at least I still have some of my mind. :D  Irish ;D

wen.uk

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 08:54:27 AM »
Oh Irish sounds like you're having a hellish time of it at the mo, I just wish I could make the abs work a bit quicker for you and get you back on your feet.  In the meantime I'm wishing a duvet, hot chocolate, massage by a hunky adonis all to come your way.  Take care hun

Wen x x

Tinker

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 05:03:51 PM »
Irish, I am sooo sorry you are feeling so poorly.  It's amazing to me that you have had "ESP" about dying and having it come out of the blue. 

I, too, have felt that way.  I knew in my '30's when I was still heathy and strong that I wouldn't live long.  I told my Mom that and she asked why.  It's just a feeling...just a feeling. 

And lo and behold, I've escaped death several times.  With the breast cancer, after the 4th chemo, I remember thinking....."this is what dying feels like."  I told my husband and we dashed off to the ER. I was hospitalized for 3 days and put on steroids.  I felt a lot better until they stopped sthe steroi and I experienced the "steroid crash."  Oh, my.  Another close call was when I had a reaction to IV phenergan.  My husband saved my life as I was unconscious and not breathing well with a pulse oximeter of 56.  They revived me, thank goodness.

And now I am battling these illnesses.  But I KNOW about your feeling.  I just know I'm not going to be here for much longer.

It's clearly just a feeling....  Sending you best wishes, e-chicken soup (I stole that from someone here), and good health asap!

♥♥♥♥Tinker

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2008, 10:24:44 PM »
tinker, You have had some interesting experiences. I have not had any that were close to being dangerous but I think that our body does give us vibes when there is something wrong.

My MIL had an episode when she was in her 40's where she was putting the meal on the table. They had company and she remembers having just the worst pain in her chest and the next thing she knows she wakes up and is lying on the floor. The interesting thing is that while she was unconscious she said she heard the most gorgeous choirs singing church music. I thought it was interesting and my theory has always been that she passed a clot through her heart. Just a theory mind you.

One time following surgery she was given an overdose of morphine after surgery and the nurse came in the room in time to save her life. That time she said she was heading toward the most beautiful light but a man kept telling her that she had to go back as she had to raise her children. She could remember not wanting to come back. Interesting stuff!! She lived to be 81 years old.IRish ;D