Author Topic: A big few weeks  (Read 18390 times)

pudmott

Re: A big few weeks
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2008, 06:45:50 PM »
Thanks everyone,

I saw the alternativer doctor today. He was really good. He is sending me for some blood tests to check all my thyroid stuff and also hormones and a heaps of other things.
He wants me to start magnesium and also Aloe Vera Juice. Aparently if you have blood type A (which i have) this juice will help heal stomach ulcers. So once i have the bloods i am going to start it.
He thinks i may have a hormone imbalance and that if we correct that some of the sjogren's stuff may settle down. It was all very interesting an he listened to what i had to say. No judgement or anything. Two positive dr experiences in one week. I'm a bit impressed.

Pud

JannaLee

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2008, 08:29:03 AM »
I'm impressed too and wishing for your improved health!

You are lovely and need to be feeling better!
Janna

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2008, 09:36:06 AM »
Yea Pud,

I hope they get it figured out.

How is the Job situation going ?

kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

pudmott

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2008, 05:01:55 AM »
I have five more shifts at the hospital then a week off......yippeee. it will be nice to have tiome off work and not feel ill. Imgetting my phone line installed on wednesday. i bought some bits and pieces for my office today and will get my desk next week. I got my official letter on thursday and have to apply for my nursing licence in four other states to be able o practice. Got heaps of paperwork to fill in so that is my sunday sorted 8).
I am having my MRI tomorrow. On a sunday no less. Go figure.

I start training on the 17th Novmber.

I had a huge day today. Gina and i went out and did some shopping, then went out for lunch. Gina bought me a stuffed dog that is a massager and also has a puch that you can put a hot or cold pack in. He is very soft and cute and is called MAX. he is gret for my aching hand. We also cuddled some little lop eared bunnies and are thinkng of buying two, one for each of us to add to our fur family. After that we went and did some more retail therapy then this evening we went out for dinner woth our neighbour. I have been on the go since 8.30 this morning it is now 11pm. i  am so tired but feel really good. It is sonie to feel human again after all these months. 
Next weekend o have a trivia night and my farewell night from the hospital. Im turning into a party animal. he he he

Hope you are all well.

Pud

JannaLee

« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2008, 08:57:09 AM »
Darling Pud!

I am delighted to hear that you are feeling well and have a new job just around the corner!

Regards to Gina and the pups!
Janna

pudmott

« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2008, 03:37:37 PM »
I am so paying for my big day out yesterday. I have woken up this morning and i think allmy muscles have been taken by aliens and replaced with jelly. m arm is numb and my duracells are running low.

It was worth it though cause i hd a great day yesterday. But i have called in sick for work.theres no way i can do an 8 hour shift and haul grown adults in and out of bed today.

Will go for my MRI and then come home and chill.

Pud

SeaBreeze

« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2008, 04:05:01 PM »
Hi Pud,
It was nice to hear you had such a nice day... too bad about the 'payback' pain... But sometimes it can be a 'good' tired and 'good' 'worth-it kinda pain... Bravo ! on the job and preparations... Good luck with MRI...

pudmott

« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2008, 04:10:48 PM »
oh yeah definately worth it pain and fatigue

pud

pudmott

« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2008, 08:13:29 PM »
Ok had a massive brain fart on the way to my MRI.

I was sitting in my car at the lights waiting for them to go green and when they did i forgot how to drive my car. I didnt know which foot to pull off the pedal and which foot to push down on the pedal ( i drive a manual car) then i tried to take off in neutral and wondered why the engne reved its little heart out.

I felt very very dumb. I cannot string two logical thoughts together. Next time i have a big day out i nee someone to slapp me and say pace yourself girly. Will i ever learn?? Prolly not.
Anyway have had the MRI and pick up my results on Tuesday. Thankfully it wasnt a brain MRI they prolly wouldnt find one today.

Am going to sleep now.

Pud

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2008, 08:15:36 PM »
Hi  :)

I'm glad you had a nice day but I'm sorry you're suffering for it. Hope you get a good nights sleep and can drive your car tomorrow OK!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2008, 08:41:23 PM »
Good to hear about the progress of your new career. I will be remembering you in thought and prayer.

Over doing it always has a price.  :)    And once again you have learned.  I hope you relaxed well on the recovery.

Still hoping to hear of health results, that they reveal what is necessary to help you have a path of good treatment.

I'm pooped out also, Pud. My sister and I went to matinee movie (The Changeling) and out to eat. I've been in a flare and just fought my way thru the evening.

Time change here in the US , we fall back an hour at midnight. An extra hour tonite, YEAAAA, but oooooh less daylight every day.

kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

beverley

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2008, 12:56:39 PM »
Oh Pud you kill me!

I love to hear about your exploits, you take so much pleasure in everything.  You're right we always have to pay, but I guess the secret is not to let it put you off at the outset because it really is worth paying for once in a while.  When do you start your new job?  I think you are courageous to take on a new role, but it will give you a boost too - a real sense of achievement.  Best wishes to you.

Beverley

pudmott

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2008, 01:38:57 PM »
Hi Beverley,

I finished at the hospital last week and am taking this week off to rest and sort out my office. then next week (17th) i start training. Im gettingexcited about it all.

I still have this darn infection and think i might be off to the dr in a day or so. cause im getting quite wheezy even with my puffer. Its not in my lungs but seems to be coming from my upper airways.

Think i might be having to go back on the long term Antibiotics. Oh well whats another one in the mix hey. I already swallow, snort, squirt puff. I can do another one im sure

Hope you're all having a great day

Pud

beverley

« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2008, 11:04:54 AM »
Okay Pud it's the 19th so how's it going?

Beverley

JannaLee

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2008, 01:01:16 PM »
Hi Bev,

I just noticed Pud posted about her new job in another thread named "Start my new job tomorrow"