Author Topic: Start my new job tomorrow  (Read 9349 times)

genko_b

Re: Start my new job tomorrow
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2008, 11:20:25 PM »
Glad to hear you are liking this so far. My daughter has telecommuted for over five years now - she is a computer programmer on one coast of the States, and her company is on the other. Once a year or so she goes to headquarters to work and hang out, but they can teleconference on their computers and it is like being in the same room together.

What my daughter has found is that she needs to get dressed like she is going to an office every day, and also she has regular lunch dates - I'm Mondays - and walks the dog on her breaks. Her hobbies are horseback riding and photography, all things to get her moving and out the door. You may find you need to do something similar to vary the routine and location.

Anyway, glad to hear things are going well.

Genko

pudmott

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 02:18:40 AM »
THat's what i plan to be doing. I will get dressed for the "office" and when i am not working i will get out and walk the dogs or go to the gym or have lunch with my partner. it just depends when my shifts are.

And guys sure you can ring anytime as long as you can pay the international call....lol i'll give you my direct number...............lol

We did practice calls today it was fun. Although i gotta say i'm a bit bored with the computer stuff already. the programs are too easy. im supposed to tak two weeks to learn it and im doing it with my eyes shut after 3 days......sounds a bit big headed but im not meaning to be. i just want to get in and do it now.

Pud

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 04:01:32 AM »
I know what you mean about the computer, Pud. When our hospital went "online" in 1979, they scheduled nurses training sessions...2 eight hour days, with allowance for as many return visits as necessary. Since we were the first Canadian hospital to fully integrate with medical information computer systems, we didn't have a lot of guidelines.

Anyway, after the first 4 hour session (which included a half hour break) I was asked to not come back...I thought I'd really messed up, until they asked if I could get away from my unit long enough to help teach the program  :D. It lead to an interesting 6 week secondment to the education/AV departments, and I had a great time.

I've always been a gadget person; loved getting new ventilators, monitors and equipment like AV-assist pumps, dialysis and pheresis machines! Even IV pumps were getting pretty sophisticated before I retired.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

salsen

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 07:58:51 AM »
Good Luck Pud!  I hope this new job works out well for you.  Wishing you a wonderful first week.  Take care - try not to over due.

beverley

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2008, 11:09:31 AM »
Well Pud I continued your other thread before I saw this one.  Glad things are going well - pace yourself and make sure you do take time to do all the things you listed.  Walking dogs and lunching with partner seemed the two most important to me.

Best wishes

Beverley