Author Topic: A big few weeks  (Read 18679 times)

pudmott

A big few weeks
« on: October 06, 2008, 05:44:32 AM »
Hey guys,
Hope you are all well and kickin along. I just wanted to ask if you could all send up some thoughts to the universe in the next few days. This thursday starts an intense three weeks for me with tests and doctors. I may or maynot find out things that i may or may not want to know. I have a feeling in m water that the next few weeks are going to be very furutre defining for me. While i am carying the attitude that whatever happens will happen and i will work my way around it, i dont mind telling you all i am a bit apprehensive.

On thursday (9th), i have my ultrasund on the thyroid to see what is happening there. I am getting more and more pain and it is spreading down around my clavicle region. The back of my neck is very sore to and it is compromising the nerves in my arms. My left hand is twice its normal size and the blood flow is getting compromised occasionally. It looks lovely in pale white. On the 15th I see the immunologist so will see what the scan says also check on my b12 and see what he want to do about the vit d deficiency (found out o had that yesterday) and all the other stuff going on.

The 16th I see the Gastroenterologist about my stomach. it is so sore and quite often aches when i eat. Guessing i'll probably have to have another scope to see whats happening there. the 17th I go to the chiropractor to see if we can put in everything that is out and then im off to the cousellor. A nice way to round off the week.
Then on the 28th i see the ENT. Probably an in office scope down the nose to see about the chronic nasties that have taken up residence in my sinus passages and are blocking the ears. He will probably also look at my throat and see what is going on there if the thyroid is invloved or god knows what else.

Who knows after the ultrasound there might be an appointment with the endo to consider. Oh yeah in amongst all of that. Somewhere in October cant remember when havent got my diary in front of me (how lax) i have an appointment with the dental hygienist and another one with the dentist to get the first 2 of my nine fillings done.

Somewhere or other i will also go to work to pay for all of this. Oops forgot the mouth x-ray too gotta book in for that. Silly Pud.

So if anyone can spare some positive vibes. Can you send em down under. I may need em.
Thanks guys. you all rock

Pud

P.S. You know, this might sound weird. But with all ths stuff going on, i actually am not feeling 'sick' per se. Just a bit tired and emotionally labile every now and then. Generaly i feel ok. Just very uncomfortable. I think i have found a new level of acceptance and tolerance.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 05:46:44 AM by pudmott »

JannaLee

Re: A big few weeks
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 05:54:01 AM »
Oh honey sweetie Pud!

It sounds like you are getting a complete overhaul! 

I will send down some vibes straight away... wrapped in concern and wishes for the very best results!

I love you so much kiddo!

Janna

Bonnie

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 06:18:07 AM »
Good luck over the next few weeks,

Thinking about you.

Starlore

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 06:43:58 AM »
Wow Pud', your schedule is looking pretty full indeed. I'll be sending you as many good thoughts & vibes as I can muster! You have a great attitude towards the coming days but remember to take it one step (or appointment) at a time, I know you've got enough experience w/all this to know that, but I also know that sometimes when we get so caught up in these whirlwinds of appointments, it becomes easier for that to sometimes slip past us unnoticed. And don't forget to rest! :)

...Thanks for reminding me, I need to make -another- appointment w/my Endodontist & Dentist to see if/when I need another root canal--yay :-X Then we can groan about how much teeth suck, together!

Hang in there! *hugs*

genko_b

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 08:15:33 AM »
That sounds pretty hectic, like you could use a few extra days in between appointments. Good luck and let us know what they find out.

Genko

Pooh

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 08:34:39 AM »
Aww Pud, you betcha I will send those thoughts and prayers your way.  I just mentioned to my hubby yesterday that it looks like I have a full calendar this month too.  Also thrown in with all my appointments is my birthday, so it's a full month here also.  Besides myself at the doctor's my PoohBear will have to return for her stitches to be taken out on the 13th.  Her kennel mate Paddy is also due for her checkup and shots this month also. ;D

So I guess you could truly say,  my life is going to the dogs. :D

Take care my friend and I hope all your tests and exams produce some really helpful insite for your doctor's and you start to feel better real soon. 

Hugs, Pooh

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 11:46:52 AM »
Awww Pud!

thoughts winging your way!!!

I had a spell a bit like that near the beginning of all this. (well - not the beginning - but after the diagnoses) Rounds of tests are horrible. It's tiring getting them done and then worrying waiting for results.

I hope you find out exactly what's going on as soon as possible and then it's there to be dealt with.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

wen.uk

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 12:42:40 PM »
Blimey Pud you don't do things by half do you - Im sending lots of good luck cyber vibes and hugs right your way, you're a little fighter Pud and I'm sure you'll cope with it all just fine.  Take care hun and let us know how all the tests are going.

Love Wen x

Katybarstool

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 01:09:37 PM »
Pud

Hugs and positive vibes from me too.

Kathyx

pudmott

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 02:24:04 PM »
Thanks so much guys. I'll keep you posted.

Pooh. give those doggies a hug for me. I saw an Australian shepard calendar in the newsagent the other day and thought of your Pooh Bear. They are gorgeous doggies. Two of mine are due for their shots and annual check up this month too. Will slot that in somewhere. Also two doggie birthdays. Cassie was 13 on Sunday and Shadow will be 6 on the 28th.

I hope all goes well for you Pooh. You and your furry babies. And everyone else running this gauntlet of the medical system.

Thanks again so much for your support everyone. I don't know what i'd do without you all.

Pud

P.S. Janna lovin ya right back honey

quiger

• Sjogrens Staff
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 03:29:29 PM »
Woweee, what a schedule you have this month. Doctor appointments always wear me out so I feel for you. Hopefully you will get some answers so you can do what needs to be done and start proper treatment.

You know we will all be thinking of you. Come on into the chat room if you get a minute. I'm sure Aliendoggy will want to give you her best wishes also.

Let us know what you find out.

Hugs,
quig
Check out the info on the home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html

SeaBreeze

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 03:30:04 PM »
Geez Pud, you forgot the bed of nails and stretching machine.... kidding, you know I'm kidding..  ;D  ;D

{{{{ HUGS }}}} I hope every doctor is running on schedule, every test goes off without a hitch and results given accurately and without haste... At least after all this you may have a better idea as to what's up... Prayers out to you !!

pudmott

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 04:41:12 PM »
you know breezy the stretching machine sound purdy good right now.................lol

the bed of nails i might miss tho.............but then again put some holes in me and some of this fluid im retaining might fall out.........hhmmm going to look in the shed.

BTW i just submitted an application for a job as a telephone triage nurse to work from home. I should find out something in the  next few days. how good would it be to work from home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pud

SeaBreeze

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 04:54:32 PM »
Pud, only you would see the postive aspects of the stretching machine and bed of nails... Actually you make a good point on both.  Good luck with the at home position.. We have that service here too... called "Ask A Nurse" I knew someone who did it for a long time, but in those days they were in an office... Sounds like the perfect WAH job... I wish I could find a legit WAH job...

Reenie

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
Pud,

I am sending bunches of hugs and lots of positive vibes your way.  You do have a very intense month with testing, doctors, more testing, more doctors. 

Try to squeeze in as much "Pud Time" as you can....doing something relaxing, something you enjoy, or just doing nothing.  Sometimes just doing nothing is what our bodies and minds need when so much is going on.

We're all here for you, Pud.  I would also add that we're all rooting for you too, but if I remember correctly, a guy friend from Australia that I used to work with told me that the word "root" (or "rooting") had a different meaning down under than it does here in the U.S.  ;D

Big Hugs To You,
Reenie