Author Topic: A Most Perfect Day  (Read 1514 times)

eyeamdry

A Most Perfect Day
« on: September 21, 2008, 09:47:53 PM »
Today did not pan out like I had planned.  I had planned to meet my nephew for lunch.  I realized it had been a year since I had seen him which was at the funeral of his brother.  This had me feeling really sad.  Well, he said they would get out of church about noon and he'd call me and we'd pick a place and meet.  The day was beautiful, in the 70's and sunny.  He didn't call by 12:30.  By 12:45, I called and left a message on his cell phone that "if today isn't a good time, we can change it and all can do something else cause it's so nice out."  I got a call back in a few minutes that "he had to pick up his son's glasses, church was late getting out......etc."  We made a date for lunch next weekend.

I mentioned to my hubby that we should go to Sagatuck today.  Sagatuck is a small resort town on Lake Michigan filled with small boutique shops, great restaurants, and just about anything you might want.  About 2 minutes before we were going to leave, our daughter drove up and was going to visit.  I said "we're on our way to Sagatuck, you wanna go?"  She nodded yes.  We got there and found a good parking spot, and they were not easy to come by.

Some of the leaves were starting to turn color and this was particularly beautiful.  This time in Michigan is just about the best, especially near the lake.  We had lunch on the deck of a great restaurant and watched the large sail (and other) pleasure boats come and go.  We then went through many of the shops.  I spent $3.00 and felt good that I didn't buy anything I didn't need.  My daughter and I mostly went into the stores and hubby sat outside as benches are there for that purpose.  (At least I think.)  I didn't notice my psoraisis today, my dry lips and mouth, or my dry eyes (because I was wearing my Panoptx goggles.  I had a hat on so I didn't get sunburned.  With the pleasant ride home, I thought this is just about perfect.  I urge all of you to try and find a day like this in your own way soon.  It wouldn't be on the lake Michigan shore, but you can find something in your area to enjoy.  I spent $33 on lunch for all 3 and the drive was about 80 miles round trip, so it wasn't even a big gas guzzle.   ;D ;D  Lucy

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: A Most Perfect Day
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 09:55:37 PM »
Lucy, I am so glad to hear of your great day. Fall in Michigan is one of the wonders of the world, I think. The sugar maples are gorgeous when they turn. You make me lonesome for Michigan and friends. It sounds like you had the BEST today and to sit and watch the boats on the lake is just the greatest. Lake Michigan is such a beautiful lake.

Today, I had a good day also. BIL and SIL have been back for the past week in their motor home in our yard. Today the guys went and bought some sweet corn at the local cannery and we had that and Roast goose for supper. A friend brought over 4 geese this past Friday and SIL and I went out in back in the grove where there was a nice breeze and pulled feathers off the birds and she gutted them. I never did learn to do that particular aspect of the job. We froze 3 and kept the last one cold for today.

It was a beautiful fall day with a good breeze and the trees are also turning here. Our trees aren't as pretty this year as it has been too dry. Anyway, it was a good day. Lots of good visiting and the Vikings won the game!!!!! Irish ;D

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 09:29:31 AM »
Hi Lucy  :)

I'm glad you had such a nice day. Sounds like a beautiful place. I completely agree that it's lovely to have a day out somewhere for no particular reason. just slow down and enjoy the view, the food and good company!

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

pudmott

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 10:17:31 AM »
You guys sound like you both had wonderful days. I love hearing stories of people taking time out to smell the roses with their familes. And autumn is such a beautiful time of year too. Not too hot not too cold and the turning leaves are fabulous.

Im glad you got to do that and just forget about the dryness for awhile

Pud

Pooh

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 11:16:30 AM »
Hi Lucy,
Oh my that sounds like a wonderful day.  I have only seen the Michigan lake from the Mackinaw bridge but it was awesome.  I hope your days to come are just as great.  ;D

Hugs, Pooh