Author Topic: Daily therapy or home remedies?  (Read 1774 times)

jazzcat82

Daily therapy or home remedies?
« on: September 18, 2008, 11:19:24 PM »
Is there anything you do on a daily basis to help yourself feel better? 

I use heatpacks on my neck, arms and back. & I also use a cold wet rag on my face, which helps my eyes. I also listen to my mp3 player with some ambient music on it. I usually do this at least twice a day. Lately I have not felt like doing much else but afterwards I feel better. How about you?

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Daily therapy or home remedies?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 05:03:30 AM »
After I get out of bed, pull the crud from my nose and eyes, do my range of motion exercises, I pore myself and 8oz glass of carrot juice, and have my first meal of supplements and medications. I log on to the Lap Top computer and turn the TV and start doing eye focusing exercises. I try to take it easy during the day and hide from the sun. Before bed, I have another meal of supplements and medications before I meditate for sleep.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 08:08:10 AM »
Hi  :)

I set myself 'targets'for the day and write them in a list. I feel good when they all get crossed off. Sometimes they don't. They go on the next days list. As long as I can keep my mind busy the rest can take a 'back seat'. It's when I've no targets and nothing doing that I feel bad.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

jazzcat82

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 03:24:52 PM »
Thanx for the help!! I can always count on ya'all!

pudmott

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 04:28:06 AM »
My biggest help is trying to look for the positive in any situation. There are some days when it all gets too much but mostly i find that i can see something positive in whatever happens and try to take a lesson from it. I do believe everything good or bad happens for a reason and is part of a much bigger picture than we are aware of.

I once read a book called Emotional Intelligence and there is one similar called the wisdom of your cells. Its all about how your cells are affected by your thoughts and being ble to 'THINK' yourself well.

And as most people around here know. I rely a lot on my humour. it gets me through the day with a laugh and is the best medicine i take. THe only side effect is happiness and it doesn't cost a thing. If i can make one person laugh in the day then my work is done cause that in turn makes me laugh

Pud