Author Topic: Ranting Away!!!!!!!!  (Read 1352 times)

salsen

Ranting Away!!!!!!!!
« on: September 18, 2008, 08:49:49 PM »
Please excuse the rant.  Just thought if I typed it out I could get it out my system.  An adjuster has made a mistake in his schedule and gave me the wrong time for our meeting to look at a roof.  Instead of trying to work me in sooner I have been rescheduled for the 25th.  The roofer, who scheduled me a week and a half ago,  has overbooked and now says he can not give me a definate time or date to come look at the damage and give me a cost to repair.   So between the two of them I am now two weeks delayed on getting on SOMEONE'S repair list. 

Believe me I am well aware of the calls they are getting and that it may take awhile to get the repairs done but getting in the schedule is all important.  A simple phone call to explain their errors is not too much to ask for.  I have now twice spent all day waiting on no shows.  This is the pits.  Again my feet are killing me and I am sure it is a vicious cycle.  The frustration helps to worsen the pn pain and the pn pain leaves me with a short fuse. 

Forgive the pity party.  Banging on the keys has helped.  LOL 

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Ranting Away!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:27:35 PM »
salsen, I don't have any problem listening to you vent about this. Getting someone to come and do a job is the pits. I swear people aren't as reliable as they were years ago. I don't think many businesses can keep track of what they are doing when. Not all of them, mind you, but so many people aren't accountable anymore. We have all these electronic gadgets to make us keep track of stuff etc and the world is more unorganized than it ever was. Irish ;D

Pooh

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:50:52 PM »
Okay Sal, take a deep breath.  In, out, in, out, that's good.  Now keep in mind that the hurricane did some terrific and horrendous damage all over the state and neighboring states.  There are people without a home, PERIOD.  Much less a torn up roof. 

I know how you feel, I've been in your place and I ranted and raved too, but try looking at it from the roofer's stand point.  He must have hundreds of people waiting for the same estimate you are.  How big is this company?  How many people does he have to do the estimates?  When he does get there and give you an estimate, how long before he will have crew together to do the work?  This man can only do so many in one day, and he can't do it when the sun goes down, so he only has so many hours of daylight to do this.  Did his own home suffer damage?  Is his family okay? 

I know you are hurting and all this mess isn't helping any, but getting yourself all riled up like this is only going to make you hurt worse.  The roofer isn't going to feel your pain.  Now that you have pounded your keyboard and vented to us, take another deep breath and relax.  I'm sure he will be at your house as soon as he possibly can. 

Please take it easy, all good things come to those that wait.  I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.  Please don't make yourself really sick over this. 

Hugs and God Bless,
Pooh 

Seeker

• Proud to serve
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 01:40:38 PM »
Salsen, Vent away, we all have large shoulders here.  I am glad that you are not holding it in or taking it out on another loved one.  I've done my share of venting/griping here also.  It's not always that I need an answer to my problems.  Nope, it's just some times the old relief valve needs to pop and let the pressure off.  Also it gives me a warm feeling to know others here understated and will give me the support I need.  So vent away and know your voice is heard around the world.

Seeker
Every day is an adventure, waiting to happen.