Author Topic: Now what...  (Read 2742 times)

Solmom

Now what...
« on: September 15, 2008, 05:12:27 PM »
Hi all!
I had a wonderful weekend, until Sunday night. I hope I can explain this where everyone can understand what I mean, I am in pain again, its a nasty flare up with a new pain. Under my chin, is small knots and they hurt, The one side is worse and hurts all the way back to my jaw. I'm really tired and achy.  My eyes are killing me today and my heels are cracking (not sure what to put on them I have tried several things and nothing is making them better.)I'm so frustrated that I was finally well now I'm down again, Does this ever let up???? To add to matters, I'm not sure which Dr to go to, Rheumy or gen Dr.? I'm sorry for venting, but this is the only place I can vent where I am understood.
PS hope I posted in the right place, so many issues :)
 :'(

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: Now what...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 05:58:22 PM »
Hi Solmom  :)

Over here I'd make my GP the first port of call and they'd be able to get me to a rheumy quicker, if they thought it neceassary. You need to find out what's happening and whether it's a flare or an infection. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad and hope you get to see a doc soon.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

pudmott

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 06:12:35 PM »
Hey solmom,
It sounds like it could be the salivary glands under your chin. I am having the same thing and have just got back from having a scan of them. Go to your gp. As Scottie said if you need further looking at your gp can get you to that point quicker.
I hope you get some relief. Its so darn frustrating to just start to feel human and then go downhill again. Rest up as much as you can and give those gorgeous doggies some hugs. Keep us posted honey

Pud

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 06:13:23 PM »
Solmon,
   It sounds as if all your parts are ganging up on you!   I know the feeling, and I hope you have a better day tomorrow.   If you already have a rheumy, I'd say go see him.   If not, I'm with Scottie & Pud; go to your gp and get a referral.  
   I'll pass along the name of a foot cream that may help your heels.  Try Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Foot Creme.   I was given samples of it recently, and I really like it.
   Hang in there!   You WILL feel better!
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

Solmom

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 12:43:15 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I.m not feeling any better today. I have a drs appt tomorrow. Ill let you know what happens

Thank you for your help!
Barbara

ProudAuntieNWash

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 05:49:32 PM »
Hi Barbara,

I'm sorry your not feeling well. I hope your flare will be short and you will be feeling better. I understand how those flare start up so quickly. Drive a person crazy on how fast they do that.

Get as much rest as you can right now. You're in my thoughts.

Denise

Solmom

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 01:37:32 PM »
hi all! I went to the Dr and she put me on an antibiotic. So, hopefully I will be feeling better soon!
Thanks for all the well wishes!
:)
Barbara

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 05:25:03 PM »
Hi Barbara  :)

I hope the antibiotic kicks in soon. I assume it must be an infection of some kind then? Hoping you feel better by the end of the week.

Take cae - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

ProudAuntieNWash

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 11:11:02 PM »
Hi Barbara,

I'm glad you are on antibiotics. You should be feeling better in a few days now. Sorry you had gotten an infection.

Thinking of you  hugs

Denise

Solmom

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 07:21:24 AM »
Hey,
I am assuming I have an infection as well. When I went to the Dr, I was told they hired a new Dr. When I ask her if she was familiar with Sjs, she said " Well I'm learning." When she said this I wanted to run (but fatigue was so bad running was out of question...lol). She basically said she wasn't sure what it was (she tested me for strep...it was neg.) but since she thought it was an infection she put me on an antibiotic. Should I change GPs? The Dr I normally see left the practice.

Barbara

Pooh

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 01:15:24 PM »
Hi Barbara,

I'm assuming the doctor you saw was your GP.  I would give her another chance and see what she learns.  My GP knew next to nothing about Sjogren's only that it involved drynes of the eyes and mouth.  Also effected other parts of the body.  However, over the past 15 yrs. he has read everything he can get his hands on and treats me as well as my rheumy.  But my rheumy is the best. ;D ;D

Take care and I hope the antibiotics work and you didn't really shot of Predisone instead.  But she's the doctor, not me. ::)

Hugs, Pooh

Solmom

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 06:06:43 AM »
Pooh,
The antibotica are starting to work! But as for the GP, she kinda acted like she wasnt sure what to do with me. Im just spoiled by my Rhuemy! He is so awesome and very knowledgable of whats happening
Thanks again!
Barbara!!

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 09:09:37 PM »
Barbara, Take some copies of info on Sjogrens to her to read. If she was able to share what she did with you I would assume that she would be open to learning more. There are so many sites to copy info from and this site has some good info also.

I guess I would give this doc a chance cause her statement "I'm learning" is much more comforting then "it's all in your head". At least she sounds like she is willing. Irish ;D

Solmom

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 06:02:50 AM »
Irish,
You're right! Didn't think about it that way. I am going to do that, Thanks!
Barbara