Author Topic: Hospital AGAIN and other updates....  (Read 19447 times)

wordnerd

Re: Hospital AGAIN and other updates....
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2008, 11:50:13 AM »
Thanks Kathy!  It means a lot to n you are thinking of me!  (And please don't worry about saying to wrong thing or something inadequate!  Just knowing you care means the world to me, really! :) )

Love,
Lauren

Seeker

• Proud to serve
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2008, 12:42:13 PM »
Lauren, your adventures and hard ships sure sound like something out of novel.  When this is all over you might want to write a Biography about what happend to you.  Some of the greatest authors in literature have said that the reason what their stories are so successful is,  they write what they know.  You certainly know this subject matter.  I don't know if you have considered getting a patient advocate or not?  It might not be a bad idea.  You need to have some one who is more objective on your side.  Here is a web address for patient advocates in your State.:

http://www.opa.ca.gov/

I hope you will be feeling better soon.  Just as a point of intrest to you, it is 4:00 am,  I am typing this from my hotel room in Yokosuka Japan.  I am on a business trip here.  I find that it still amazes me that the world is so small now days.  As the British would say keep a stiff upper lip.

Seeker

Every day is an adventure, waiting to happen.

Katybarstool

« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2008, 12:49:17 PM »
Hi Seeker.  Is that 4 am Saturday or Sunday? It 8.50 pm Saturday evening here in the UK.

Enjoy your trip.

Kathyx

Seeker

• Proud to serve
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2008, 01:25:23 PM »
Sunday, we are across the international date line.

Seeker

wordnerd

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2008, 01:46:20 PM »
Wow thanks Seeker!  That website is a great resource... I've been looking it over and will continue to do so as well as pass it over to my mom to look through.  I'll probably make some calls to some places I found there on Monday... or emails (did I mention I totally lost my voice?  ::) )

I have thought about writing a biography someday, but I don't really have any desire to do so now.  If I did I'd want it to be looking back on my experiences from a distance.  Everything is just too close right now.  I am however working on three novels!  And my first poem just got published which is pretty cool (even though it was only in my local writer's club anthology).

I am also going to be starting a blog about writing and life as a young adult with chronic illnesses... more on that soon... stay tuned :)

Seeker

• Proud to serve
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2008, 03:10:57 PM »
Lauren, Just for grins and giggles, make sure the hospital staff see you on that web site.  Let rumor work for you.  I am sure the additude around you will change.  You don't even need to mention why you are there.  Let them draw their own conclusions.  As Bugs Bunny would say Ain't I a stinker.

Seeker

pudmott

« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2008, 04:58:10 PM »
Wow LAuren,
another big day at the office. The universe is sure throwing some curve balls at you. I understand how upset you must have been that you did some damage but look at it as a speed bump. Also its not like you caved after just a little bit of stress. You had major stuff happening girlfriend. I think that PCP would drive anyone to want to do damage. Its done its over t happened. You aare aware and you know.

You sound like though you have come out of it and have arrived in a really good headspace. that's great you can get some perspective. The patient advocate site sounds good and i think Seeker is right on the money about letting the staff see it.

The blog is a great idea. i got onto one from someone else here and even though ive only put in one post its great to get things down.

Yu keep trouping on girl. Goodluck and keep us posted. I'm still thinkin of ya here in Aus and hoping you get home soon. Give that puppy some lovin from me too, wat sort is it?

Pud

Tinker

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2008, 06:46:54 PM »
Hi Lauren,

I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time.  I just started reading your thread and I can identify with some of the problems you've had. 

Your medical staff stinks!  I hope you can get a complete copy of your hospital record, doctor's orders, nurses' notes, etc.

I did this and wrote a GREAT letter to the president of the hospital, used my nursing knowledge to kickk some a ss.  !!  What fun it was to quote the doctor's orders and use it against them.

It was a terrible experience but writing the letter led to a  verbal apology to me, a written letter of apology to me, and the doctor had to go to medical review for his cursory diagnosis and negligent care of me.  YEAH!!!

I asked them "What is the hospital's pain management plan?"  Turns out they didn't have one!! but they do now.

You need a tape recorder.  This doctor was WAY OUT OF LINE ....yelling at you?  It makes me angry just thinking about it.
I guess they figured since you were young they could run over you.  I'm glad you stood up for yourself.

Once one of these idiots gets the idea you are a drug seeker or a mental case, you have a hard time shedding that impression.  Hang in there and I'm thinking of you.  Get well soon!  ♥♥♥

Try to stay as calm as possible and I'm praying that you feel better soon. 

Just because they can't figure out what's wrong doesn't mean it doesn't exist. 

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »
OH Lauren,

That Tinker sounds a reveler charge, she could be an advocate for your patient care.

Good for you Tinker.

Prayers and hugs,  Word
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

lynnmarie219

« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2008, 09:00:54 PM »
((((((((((((((((((Lauren))))))))))))))))))

This is all I can think to do for you right now....to offer you a big hug....I'm speechless as to the treatment you have been receiving at the hospital. I'm so sorry for you.....and I'm hoping that you get to go home VERY soon!

Tinker

« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2008, 09:17:13 PM »
 :) :) :) :)

Kimbo!  You make me laugh!  Yeah, baby, I kicked b utt and HOW!  What fun it was to feel vindicated after being treated so shabbily.

I've learned that you have to act STUPID when asking for pain med.  You have to act like you know NOTHING about your body.  YOU have to let them think they figured it all out.

I'm an R.N. and I have never been so exasperated in my life at the treatment so many of us have rec'd.  So, we have to play their games, beg for their attention, and tell them they are angels .....etc. 

What a shame we have to play it so dumb to get an Tylenol ;).  And you can never show anger or impatience.  Forget it, you're blacklisted and shunned.

OK, ranting here, I know.  But, I'll bet you all have figured all this out already.

Am I right?   ;) ;D >:(