Author Topic: Do you buy any OTC products from the internet?  (Read 2879 times)

Skylar

Do you buy any OTC products from the internet?
« on: July 29, 2008, 08:16:54 AM »
I'm wondering if anyone here buys any OTC products over the internet - I'm referring to dry mouth supplies, eye drops etc. I love the biotene products but my local stores only carry a limited selection. As well the ophthamologist suggested several eye drops to try that I've only seen online.

If you do, are there sites you've found good service, reasonable and trustworthy? Are there products you can only buy online that you recommend?

Maybe I'm not looking in the right places? LOL :-\

Thanks in advance, Skylar

Sjenny

Re: Do you buy any OTC products from the internet?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 09:16:05 AM »
Skylar:

I can't find Biotene mouth gel at any of my local stores so I buy it here

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=15434&catid=45790

I also buy my supplements at www.iherb.com

I can't find the Recalcedent toothpaste or MI paste that dentists recommend for Sjs, but I found it here at http://www.dentist.net/prospec-mipaste-recaldent.asp

I just love the internet.  I used to work as a web designer and a computer programmer before I became so ill.  I have a son with autism and although he is mentally retarded, he has amazing computer skills.

Regards,
Sue

Skylar

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 01:52:37 PM »
Sjenny, thanks so much for your informative reply. My dentist isn't too up to date with Sjogren's patients - he didn't really have any advice to give me. Interestingly he had his first Sjogren's patient one week before I came in and told them - while he is an experienced dentist and I trust him with my teeth, I have to do rely on here for more ideas -and I've been using Gel Kem, but I see that the MI paste or recalcident would be better.

I love the internet too and can't imagine living with - and certainly when you have a chronic disease it makes connecting with others so easy. I bet your son loves playing on the computer - does that help with his autism?

Sjenny

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 02:05:13 PM »
Skylar:

My son learned to type and some of his math and reading skills from computer games.  He had an intuitive grasp of computers that even some adults lack.  His favorite site is Ebay which he cruises for the Spiderman and Batman toys and comics he loves.  (Unfortunately his dad loves Ebay too, much to the detriment of our pocketbook!)

Sue

LenV

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 07:40:47 PM »
Skylar,
I use the drugstore.com site for Biotene products too.  I understand not being able to shop and find things.  We also order my eye gel from them.

Billye

eyeamdry

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 08:01:09 PM »
I order some supplies from the internet (not EBAY).  Drops and other items I need and can't find around home.  I have a hard time finding Biotene products and often have to wait for them to come into the store.  Lucy

Skylar

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 01:39:25 PM »
Thanks Eyeamdry and Billye - I thought I was the only one that couldn't find all this stuff locally. Well it saves me from dragging myself out in the heat to run around finding this stuff.

Sjenny - watch out for that Ebay LOL. I  guess your son is learning alot about life from Ebay - how to find things, how to deal with disappointment when someone else wins and the wonder of having your treasure show up magically on your doorstep a few days later.

Skylar