Author Topic: Treatment for Varicose Veins  (Read 1636 times)

ccfbarb

Treatment for Varicose Veins
« on: July 24, 2008, 03:20:59 PM »
I know I'm probably crazy for even considering this, with everything else I have going on, but I saw a doctor today about some really bad varicose veins in my legs.  They hurt all the time and look awful.  He wants to do a procedure called micro phlebectomy.  Which is really just vein stripping with micro incisions to heal quicker.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Can this possibly set off any new problems with my legs?  At this time, the weakness is way better from taking Cellcept.  Just putting this out for discussion.  I'm sure lots of us ladies have this same problem and don't see that anyone has really talked about it.  Granted, in the scheme of things, not such a terrible problem, but just asking.
Barb

Pooh

Re: Treatment for Varicose Veins
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 03:46:44 PM »
Barb, I have a friend who had this done last year.  She is a waitress and couldn't work for a while because she simply couldn't stand for any length of time.  Now she feels great and works full time.  She does wear those support stockings.  Not the compression ones, just the support ones that are sold in the department stores.

I don't remember how she was during or after the operation, but I do know she would it again, if she had to.

I hope this helps a little.

Hugs, Pooh

ccfbarb

Re: Treatment for Varicose Veins
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 04:35:44 PM »
Thanks Pooh!  That does give me a little support for the idea!  I hope other people will weigh in about this, too.