Author Topic: Missing all of you  (Read 3521 times)

LenV

Missing all of you
« on: July 13, 2008, 08:52:23 PM »
I'm having to take a little forced vacation from all my forums.  We are moving.  We're downsizing and moving closer into town.  (hate it hate it hate it)  But my hubby is needing to be helped with the yard work on our acreage and the house.  The house is 25 years old and needs some repair.  I haven't been upstairs since I broke everything.  So it's time. 

We found a nice house that is wheel chair friendly.  I have to look at that in my future.  It has a lovely sunroom I can use for a jewelry studio with lots of windows and a skylight.  Tile floors and wood floors with carpet only in the bedrooms.  There are 4 bedrooms so my husband will have an office and an exercise room.  But it is really hard to part with so many things I worked so hard for.  We're downsizing about 1500 sq. feet.  Our present house is huge with an additional studio that is quite large.

Physically, I figure I'll be in the hospital or the cemetary when it's done and finished but my husband will have a nice place to live.   ::) He promises me we will have it done.  He has no clue what must be done in order for us to even have someone pack us up.  Men are just generally clueless.  I have been sorting old family photo's for the last two weeks and mailing them to our sons and my niece and nefew.  He mailed 9 boxes I'd sorted and written on the back of most all of them.  He's still working on the first box I gave him.

I'll get it done sooner or later.  And it probably will be later before we're ready to put our house on the market anyway the way banks are going.  I'm not willing to take 1/2 of what we paid for it.  I'd rather lease it first then come back in 5 years and do cosmetic work than give it away.

So pray for me.  I'll need all the help I can get.  I'm hurting already and I'm only moving grocery sacks full of clothing to the local women shelters.

Billye

So if any of you miss me, I'll be checking in from time to time.  Just didn't want to just disappear.

Pooh

Re: Missing all of you
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 09:05:43 PM »
Aww Billye, I'm so sorry you have to move from your lovely house.  I can't imagine leaving here, although we are in the opposite situation from you.  We definitely need more space.  This house has never been large enough but we had planned to add on.  Now however, there is no money and the taxes would also increase.  So we just do with what we have.

Fortunately I am all on one floor with access to outside being only 2 steps.   

I hope this move doesn't cause you to be hospitalized again.  Please, please be careful with what you do.  Let us know when all of this over and you are safely settled in. 

Take care and as always, my prayers and thoughts are with you,

Hugs and God Bless,
Pooh

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 09:54:09 PM »
billye, I wondered what you were up to. I can't imagine moving---oh, I guess I can cause I have spent much of the last 5 years trying to sort stuff out.

It is such a job. Seems like we are young and get married and have babies and then we are all with all this STUFF!!! I don't know why we have half of it cause we don't use it. You are so right about men. They have no idea what moving entails and what it means to downsize.

Like Pooh, I am worried about you overdoing. I don't know how you are going to manage to get it all sorted and packed. Hope that you can find someone to help you.  I dread the day. Sometimes I think it better to just move out of the town a person is in as then you are more apt to get rid of stuff. Especially if you have to pay someone to move it.

Please take it easy and don't overdo. Hugs Irish ;D

lynnmarie219

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 10:03:34 PM »
Billye,

You are in my thoughts and prayers...please try to take care of yourself during all of these stressful times. I want to move so bad, but cant imagine the thought of it......just because of all of the stuff and I have a small place! We sure do accumulate...I know I do at least...I'm a bit of a pack rat I guess!  ;)

Good luck to you and let us know how you are doing if you can once in awhile and when you get settled in to your new home. It will all work out!

salsen

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 10:13:58 PM »
Billye - What a job you have in front of you.  Please take plenty of breaks and don't over do.  Just regular housework wears me out much less having to prepare for a move.  LOL  i have decided all this "Stuff" is going to be my children's problems when I am gone.  Let them decide  what to keep and what to give away!

Rania

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 04:14:31 AM »
Please take it easy Billye.

(((((( hugs ))))))

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 04:29:16 AM »
This can be very stressful, so I hope you are taking good care of yourself. The upside is, you will probably find lovely memories that had slipped into storage, and getting organized is a bonus!

The new place sounds lovely, and your new sunroom/studio will be a great place to work.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Skylar

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 05:14:10 AM »
Hi Billye. Do take care to pace yourself. Your new home sounds wonderful and once you're settled I think you will be happy. However it must be horrible right now having to deal with downsizing and moving. I know I'll be going through this process in the next few years, so I've already started getting rid of stuff and found it feels good to declutter.

Skylar

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 10:15:24 AM »
Billye - we'll miss you and look forward to seeing you again when you get back.

Movingis horribly stressful. There's no getting out of it but it does seem to make a lot of sense for you to live on one level.

Good luck with it all and look after yourself.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

eyeamdry

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 02:12:45 PM »
Hi Billye-
I have the perfect solution to the problem.  You can either give me or we'll negotiate some of your extra room for my little cracker box houst for an add-on.  We've lived in this house since 1965 and bought it as a "starter."  I guess we figured we'd go larger some day, but never did.  We never needed bigger until my hubby has become such a junk collector. 

It's all on a main floor with a basement easy to get to and just a few stairs to get inside or out, so I'd better just keep quiet about wanting a "bigger place."  (i would still like more than one bathroom though)

Please keep us tuned in and think about us if things get rough.  We'll all be with you in spirit.  Lucy

Nettie

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 02:32:47 AM »
Billye, your new house sounds absolutely perfect!  Please be careful through your move, as your health is the most important thing. I hope your hubby finds the help needed to make all of this a bit easier for you. 

I am still getting around relatively well, but over the last 3 years as my health started deteriorating, I began the downsizing process. We have a 2 bedrooms on the main level of our house, bedrooms upstairs and lots of attic crawl space.  I got rid of lots of junk, but if I had to move right now I'd still have way too much to do. 

We will miss you.  You'll be in my thougths and prayers!!

Nettie
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 08:02:32 AM by Nettie »