Author Topic: Wedding this Saturday  (Read 4505 times)

songbird

Wedding this Saturday
« on: July 06, 2008, 11:20:22 PM »
Hey Guys,
Keep me in mind this week. My son is getting married and she is the most beautiful thing in the world. Just what I have prayed for all these years for him from the time he was a little boy. The most amazing story. He is Marrying my best friends daughter. They have grown up together and are best friends. It so amazing how God has orchestrated  this one. They always teased as children that they would marry someday but never dated until after they graduated from high school. It is a fairytale come true. However.... this week will be very stressful as we have a lot of family coming in from many different states on both sides. I am already having a lot of trouble keeping up with just the normal day to day and this week is going to be jam packed. I have a lot of helped lined up and as long as it comes through I should be OK. But I am still waiting on tests results and its weighing on my mind. The last thing I need this week is bad news right before the wedding.

I have to go out of town Mon-Tues to be with my youngest at a youth camp I look forward to that but it puts me behind in things that need to be done here and then a mad dash to be back here to get work stuff and wedding last minute details before the family comes in on Thursday and then Friday rehearsal and Sat ...Here comes the Bride! And I wish I could relax on Sunday but I will have to lead worship Sunday morning and then Monday its EMG time. Man I'm tired.... so I need you guys to cheer me on and maybe Tues I can just chill or become a puddle whichever comes first. lol

Pooh

Re: Wedding this Saturday
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 11:43:16 PM »
Hi Songbird,
Well Mother take your time and try to slow down.  I know this is a rush, rush week but you have to take time and remember yourself too. 

I am so happy for you getting a beautiful and wonderful daughter-in-law.  It's so nice that you have known her just about all her life. 

I am just the opposite of you, I got a fabulous son-in-law whom we always include as an extra son, when telling anyone about our family.  I pray your daughter-in-law turns out to be a daughter to you too. 

I hope the wedding day will be warm, not hot, sunny and bright.  May any gliches be small and blessing be many. 

Good Luck and be happy,

Pooh

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:51:07 AM »
Hi Songbird  :)

I hope you, your son, your future daughter-in-law and your best friend all have a fabulous day!  It sounds like an ideal situation. Your adrenalin will get you through it but I hope you have time to rest afterwards!!!

My daughter got married a couple of years ago and it was tiring but fun.

I'll be thinking of you.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Skylar

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 09:59:58 AM »
Congratulations on the upcoming marriage - what a great story about your son and his about to be new wife. I hope you give yourself some time to just relax and rest so you can go and enjoy the whole wedding celebrations.

Skylar

Katybarstool

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 01:39:07 PM »
Songbird

What a wonderful thing to happen. I wish you and your family all the very best for the coming week and the wedding.  Look after yourself too - you are an important ingrediant in this wedding.

Would love to see a photo in due course.

Kathyx

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 02:02:56 PM »
Songbird.
Congratulations.
We've processed both our daughters weddings in recent years. With my husband giving them away and proforming the service.
The details of perfection our insignificant, to the joy of the all those envolved obsorbing the memories for years to come.
Maybe you need to get some one else to lead worship this Sunday. Lighten your load as much as possible.
God Bless your Families and Great Joy for the ocasion.
kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

SophiesMum

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 02:08:47 PM »
Hi
I hope all went well with the wedding and that you were able to enjoy every moment. Hopefully you will be able to relax now and just take time out to recover.
All the best
Sara

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 06:16:20 PM »
Songbird,
   What a full week for you!   I hope that you get perfect test results back early, so that you can put those out of your mind.   Try to shortcut and rest as much as you can before the rehearsal dinner.   I hope your family is staying in motels, and not at your house!  Best wishes for a beautiful weekend!
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

lynnmarie219

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 07:09:27 PM »
Songbird,

What a busy but exciting week you have......Try, try, try to slow down just a bit so you can enjoy the day on Saturday with your family, friends, son and new daughter in law ( I know ...its easier said than done.... ;) ) .

I wish you lots of love, nice weather, good friends and family and all the good things that a beautiful wedding needs! Congratulations to you all...its sounds like a perfect situation! 

songbird

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 09:04:24 PM »
Thanks so much for your well wishes. I just got back from camp tonight and I sure needed to have some cheerleaders I knew I could count on you all. I am tired already. I had to work late tonight because I will be off (kinda tomorrow) to clean and prepare for incoming guests. But I have already noticed a lot of extra tingling and stabbing pains in my legs hands and feet.

Does anybody know of any relationship with this kind of pain and sun exposure. Maybe there is no correlation but it seems like I have more trouble after being out in the sun. I was out at camp in the sun and its worse now.  It was like that when I was on vacation in florida too. But I had gone shopping when in fla so maybe its more about being on my feet / at camp I was on my feet too so maybe not?

My family is on their way. But they will all be staying in hotels and I will not be cooking for anyone. My oldest son is helping me clean the house. And I only have a few things left to collect for the big day. ( cami for my dress)

So if kill over next week it will be ok I have a pain management appointment on tuesday. lol
My only trouble now is fighting the saddness of the little bird flying the nest. He will no longer be at home and we have such a close relationship I have cried a lot today thinking about that. He will have his own home and things will never be the same. A good change but still hard for me right now.I will have to fight the urge to call him. I know he will need his space. But I am so use to chatting with him about everything.. that will be a struggle for me.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 09:24:57 AM »
Hi Songbird  :)

sorry to have to tell you this but the sun and SjS don't mix well at all. Sun doesn't mix well with Plaquenil either so its a kind of double whammy! The effects of the sun can be minimised by strong sun block and covering up and a big floppy hat.  :-\

I actually feel physically ill if I spend much time outdoors now. I get a splitting head ache and increased aches and pains. It's happened too often now for it to be coincidental. I'm rapidly becoming nocturnal!

Take care. Enjoy Saturday! Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

songbird

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 07:21:16 PM »
Im beginning to see that too. I had gotten in the tanning bed before going to Fla and began to feel ill again( really tired achey hurting all over) and some had told about the effects of sun then...   but didnt really want to believe it. But didnt relate the burning hands feet etc to possibly a part of sun exposure as well and maybe its not. Kinda like saying drowning and ice cream deaths are related but in fact that both increase during warm weather. Its seems to always be something though. I would love to wake up one day and have nothing hurt and have a ton of energy. Saturday would be great(wedding day).lol

songbird

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 07:46:47 PM »
The rehearsal went beautifully and the dinner was fantastic. We found a little japanese resturant to take our group and they did a wonderful job and did so within a reasonable price(yeah!) My husband and I have had so many moments today of memories and tears of joy thinking of our little boy all grown and starting his own family. we are so excited for him. I cant wait for tomorrow but please pray for my brothers baby. They came down last night for the wedding ( 3 hours away) and his little boy was running a fever they had hospitalize him today. Dehydrated and not sure what else is going on yet. Hoping to have him well enough to attend the wedding. We are thankful  my sons pediatrician is caring for my nephew.  So we know he is in good hands. But this is placing a little extra stress o the family.

Pooh

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 07:56:20 AM »
Hi Songbird,
Just a note to let you know I am thinking of you today.  I'm remembering the Saturday in August my daugther was married.  I hope your weather is just as beautiful and the day goes without a hitch. 

Enjoy!

Hugs, Pooh

songbird

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 08:07:07 PM »
Thanks Pooh! I appreciate you thinking of me. It was the most beautiful day ever. A real story book wedding and I had a symptom free day and energy to spare...YEAH! Those dont come along very often but I actually had 3 in a row.. maybe it was endorphines from all the  of rejoicing. The day was absolutely perfect and I do mean perfect.

The church was packed ...the weather was beautiful ...I found a new dress at the last minute that I loved..I sparkled.lol all our family joined us from out of town even with these ridiculous gas prices...

They just got back from jamaica just talked to my son he said they took 3 hours getting through customs..I dont think they will be bringing back any rum from the island again. Held them up for a check recheck and a check again.

It was wonderful.... now to adjust to the empty nest .... i dont think i like that part. The house has been so quiet. My youngest son is leading worship at a camp all summer and my oldest son is working most of the time. So its me hubby & puppy. Not bad of course just different. Very quiet compared to the normal house of three guys and all their friends.