Author Topic: New doctor!  (Read 3346 times)

Mark54

New doctor!
« on: June 24, 2008, 04:56:44 AM »
Hi all,
     Here’s an update on Chele. She went to a new Rheumy in our city (Fort Wayne, In.) yesterday.  We were really impressed! Dr. Ringwald is a younger doctor who knows about Sjogren’s and all of its effects on the human body and mind. The exam took over two hours. We had every one of our questions answered. She also knows and has dealt with Transverse Myelitis, which is a plus for Chele. The doctor went over every med that Chele is on and made sure as to whether they were doing what they are intended to do. We came away feeling great about the doctor’s visit.
     I believe we will not be making trips to the University of Michigan for awhile. Dr. Ringwald said she would not be offended if we still wanted to see the Rheumy in Michigan. Chele told her that she wishes her to be her primary Rheumy.
     Instead of a 2 ½ hour drive it will be a 15 minute drive. The doctor wishes to see Chele every three months as a precaution but told her to call her anytime if there is the least bit of change in her condition. Chele will be having blood work the week prior to her office visit. That really makes sense to us. If there is a change the doctor will have it on record for Chele’s doctor’s appointment.
     We had a rough experience with doctors in our city when this all started to happen. It’s nice to get good quality help in our area. It’s great to have a doctor with such wonderful bedside manner. I think she really cares about Chele’s health!
     God had blessed us when he guided us to the U of M (thanks Eyeamdry). Now he has blessed us again by guiding us to Dr. Ringwald. Dr. Ringwald wasn’t even in the phone book; we happened to hear a person talk about a different Rheumy in town. God is good! Thank you my friends for listening. There has been so much bad news concerning Sjogen’s that I thought I would pass on some good news for once!
God’s blessings,
Mark….

lynnmarie219

Re: New doctor!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 05:21:51 AM »
That is great news Mark...thanks for sharing it...its always good to hear the things that "go right" in our lives!  ;D It sounds like the new rheumy is on the ball......Chele has hit the jackpot....hold on to this doc.....she sounds like a keeper!

Hugs to both you and Chele!

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 06:16:16 AM »
Wonderful news, Mark. Just be prepared for a stampede now that you've shared her name here!
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

itssue

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 08:59:18 AM »
Mark,

That is such great news.   ;D   I'm so glad that Chele will no longer need to make that 2+ hour trip. 
God is Good!!!

Blessings and Hugs,

Sue

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 09:08:26 AM »
Hi Mark  :)

Having a good doctor and one that you can trust just makes such a difference. I'm glad you and Chele have found her. Nice that she's close too.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Pooh

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 10:12:40 AM »
Hi Chelle, Hi Mark,
Thanks so much Mark for the update on Chelle.  I know how you two are feeling right now, that's the way I felt after finding my rheumy.  He too is the greatest. 

The driving distance is a wonderful change also.  I know how much those drives took from Chelle.  It's especially great now with the gas prices.

Take care and give Chelle a hug for me.  Have a great summer.

Hugs, and God Bless,
Pooh

eyeamdry

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 05:18:29 PM »
Great news, Mark, on a local doc!  I'm two hours one way from U of M also and we just made that trip a week or so ago to get my serum drops made.  I do, however, have my fave rheumy a little closer at 75 miles one way.  I'll stay with her until she retires, or my hubby no longer drives.  It's awesome to have someone you like and trust.  Lucy

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 08:18:03 PM »
Mark, This is really, really a great piece of news. Now when things get a little tipsy with problems that crop up you are but a phone call away for help. It will make your life so much easier for both of you. I can't imagine having a good doctor that close. Linda is right---now that doc will really be busy! Irish ;D

LenV

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 08:29:30 PM »
Wonderful news Mark!  I had the same thing happen to me about two years ago.  It was so wonderful to cut out one long drive.  I'm so pleased to hear that this doctor is so caring.  Chele and you have been thru so much.  Glad a little of it is relieved.

Billye

ktfabian

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 07:18:27 PM »
That's such good news!

It's amazing what a good doctor who knows this syndrome can do, not only for the disease but for your peace of mind.  I found mine about a year and a half ago and he's made ahuge difference in the level of care I receive.

Thanks for sharing, it's great to get good news,
Tracy

salsen

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 08:31:45 PM »
Wonderful news!   Nothing can beat the feeling when you find a doctor you click with and know you can trust to keep your best interest up front and formost.   Do you think she has a sister , cousin, friend, or significant other she can send my way?