Author Topic: Took a tumble, but got good news!  (Read 2393 times)

ktfabian

Took a tumble, but got good news!
« on: June 17, 2008, 08:54:21 PM »
Hi All,

Just when I thought life couldn't get anymore exciting (we were cleaning the back end of my long haired cat, yuck!) I slipped on a puddle of water and landed on my knee last Monday.  We went to the ER and they said nothing was broken, but I've been having a hard time getting around.

It's still very swollen and the bruise has spread from the knee cap area down the outside and front of the knee for about 4 inches.  I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow - it was the first opening she had.  I'm curious to see if she sends me to the orthopedic doctor or just watch it for awhile more.

But, despite the fall, things are looking up here as my son has been taken off the "going" list for Iraq to "stand by". We're very happy but he's disappointed. It could change again before training in September, so we're keeping our fingers crossed and saying our prayers.

I'll let you know about the knee tomorrow,
Tracy

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: Took a tumble, but got good news!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 08:43:28 AM »
Hi Tracy  :)

Great news about your son - not so good about your knee. Hope it eases soon.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Pooh

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 09:00:57 AM »
Good grief Tracy, sorry to hear you fell.  We don't bounce like we use to, do we? :o  I sure hope you didn't do any permanent  damage, we have enough to contend with. 

Really happy to hear your son's statis has changed for the best.  Hope it stays that way. 

Take care and let us know how you make out with that knee.

Hugs, Pooh

Skylar

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 11:07:40 AM »
Hi Tracy, I'm sorry to hear about your knee and hope there is no serious damage. I'm thrilled to hear your news about your son.

skylar

loulou

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 12:32:01 PM »
Hi Tracey

Thats a compensation for your knee injury, the news about your son, thats great, i am very happy for you and your son. Hope and pray it stays that way.

Go easy on the knee.

TAke care
loulou
primary sjogrens, primary biliary cholangitis, auto-immune hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis gerd.hiatus Hernia, cold feet, no tears, lacrilube, celluvisc, thyroxine, ursofalk, gabapentin, omerprazole.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 08:45:34 PM »
Tracy, That was unexpected news about your son wasn't it---bet it was the best thing you had heard in a long time. Also, I had several falls back in the 90's and fell on marble floors at work. I had really rotten knees for many years. The big thing that happened after the torn meniscus healed was that I damaged the bursa in under both knee caps. I had to have the fluid with drawn and cortisone injected and the bursa got all flat and lumpy. Now if I bump my knees on anything I do a big rain dance for quite a while. When you bang those knee caps it just takes your breath away. I do not wish this on you but just wanted you to be aware of it.

The good news is that after years of scrubbing floors on my seat I am now able to kneel long enough to do the floors. Irish ;D

LenV

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 05:07:38 PM »
Tracy,
That's great news about your son. I'm so sorry about your knee.  As the owner of two knee replacements, I understand how much pain they can cause.  Good luck to you.

Billye