Author Topic: Prayers for Michael  (Read 18947 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
Re: Prayers for Michael
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 09:05:51 PM »
I have prayed for him also. Things usually are not as bad as we imagine, so I hope he finds out soon. Take care, I have a son so I understand.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

twilite

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »
kathy - i am so sorry to hear of this.  your family is in my prayers...  perhaps they can try the camera pill test also, it looks at the entire digestive system.

take care - twilite

Pooh

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 09:30:03 PM »
Hi Kathy,
I have been adding Michael to my ever growing list of those in need.  My daughter leads it off, then I go on to my friends and those I care about here.  I'm sure someone up there is listening.  We must be making awful noise. ;D

I bet we have a special Angel just for us Sjoggie's and all our special requests. 

Take care and please let us know when you find out anything.  And yes, our kids are really something else when they get on their own.  But we still love them. 

Take care and I pray all will come right real soon. 

Hugs, Pooh

Sjenny

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 11:09:34 AM »
Kathy:

Your son Michael is my prayers also!

Sue

Katybarstool

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 12:33:16 PM »
Thanks everybody, your prayers and good wishes are very much appreciated.

Michael paid a visit tonight. He has had another episode of passing dark blood with his bowel movement and is feeling pretty scared. I suggested he went to accident and emergency, but he resisted. He has promised to seek advice from the GP when they are open after the weekend.

I'm trying not to push him, as he is a sensitive lad, and I don't want to worry him unduly. I'm wondering if it could be related to something like Crohn's - his elder brother was tested a few years ago. Nothing found, but he has had bowel poblems for a few years. Anyway, let's just hope Michael gets somewhere with the doctor next week.

Tonight we are looking after Michael's young son, Logan overnight. He will be 2 on Monday so hubby and I are taking him to buy his first bike tomorrow, It will also give Michael and Sarah a chance to rest. Sarah has two weeks left to work before she goes on maternity leave. She is a little anaemic and very tired, so hopefully they will have a restful morning before we take Logan back after lunch.

I hope you all have a painfree, peaceful weekend.

God bless.

Kathyx

loulou

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 01:37:53 PM »
Hi Kathy

Just reading your posts on Michael. I wondered if crohns might be to blame, my colleague at work has been off with it, she lost loads of weight, feeling unwell and passed bloody stools, she's only 24, but good news is that she has been treated, had surgery and is gaining weight and on the mend.

I pray that what's happening to Michael will be treatable and he too will recover. I pray also for you Kathy as mum of older children its incredibly hard not to feel like we need to take over their decisions, but they are adults aren't they.

Sometimes going to the accident and emergency gets things moving, so im sure if he gets worse he will know thats the next step.

Please take care, and i pray hard for Michael. Keep us updated.

Also I hope you have a lovely day with logon.

Take care
Loulou

primary sjogrens, primary biliary cholangitis, auto-immune hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis gerd.hiatus Hernia, cold feet, no tears, lacrilube, celluvisc, thyroxine, ursofalk, gabapentin, omerprazole.

Katybarstool

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 02:11:15 PM »
Thank you Loulou

I'm very pleased that your colleague is recovering. Logan is fast asleep now, looking like a little cherub.  He's gorgeous, but  a proper little monkey! I will try to post a picture of him on his birthday.

Kathyx

lynnmarie219

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 07:41:52 AM »
Hi Kathy,

Thanks for keeping us updated....I still have those extra prayers going up for your son as well as for you and the rest of the family! Please remember to take care of yourself during all of this as well!

Little hugs to Logan......and big hugs to you!   

Katybarstool

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 10:57:42 AM »
Lynnmarie

Thank you. Those hugs were gratefully received.

Kathyx

wordnerd

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 12:54:13 AM »
Kathy,

Sorry I'm a bit late, but I just wanted to send my *hugs* and good thoughts your direction.  I hope your sons doctors will get to the bottom of it soon!  As a 24 year old myself, I sometimes feel bullied by doctors.  I really think there is a lot of reverse age discrimination against young people with medical problems.  Something that really helps is having a list of questions you want to ask your doctor and bringing along 2 copies.  One for you and one for your doctor.  That way your doc will see your questions even if you get too intimidated to bring them up.

-Lauren

salsen

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 03:49:22 AM »
Katy  -  I have been reading your post about your son and have included him on our prayer group list.  I hope ya'll will receive a definitive answer soon.  I know two people with Crohn's and they had very similar symptoms.  Although not necessarily the news you may want to hear it is something you can treat with medication and life style changes. 

Keep up being the good mom.  My daughter has asthma and I know she gets tired of my advise all the time but then again she knows I care.  Believe me even though they may not always follow through with what you advise just having mom around fussing is a big moral booster. 

Hope you all have an answer soon.  Take care.  Birthday hugs to the little man. 

Sjenny

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2008, 07:02:50 AM »
Kathy:

If it does turn out to be Crohns, there is an exciting new treatment researched by Penn State called low dose naltextrone which brought about a whopping 67% remission rate in their clinical trials.

Sue

Katybarstool

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2008, 10:18:19 AM »
Hi Folks

Thank you. I have seen Michael today when he came for a BBQ for Father's Day. Every time I see him, he looks a little thinner. He also has very little appetite, which I guess explains his weight loss to some extent. I had a word with Sarah and she promised to make him see a doctor when he goes for his blood test on Tuesday, so hopefully, that will push a diagnosis forward.

Lauren, it's a lovely idea that Michael should take a list with him, but he just wouldn't do that. He would be afraid of offending the doctor.  I would definitely do it, but then, I am not as afraid of them as Michael is.

Speak soon.

Kathyx

faithful

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 02:17:07 PM »
Katyx, I recently read a book about a guy who was literally dying of Chrons disease. He went from 180 to 104 lbs.  He went to over 70 different doctors and four countries to get help.
He finally found a treatment that worked and has healed his body of it.  THe book is called, "THe Maker's Diet."  It is an incredible story.  After reading it I am trying to put some of his principles into practice with my eating habits. 
YOu can order the book on-line.  I am still praying foryour son too, and you.
Faithful

Katybarstool

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 12:01:01 AM »
Thanks, Faithful

I will bear that in mind. Michael has a blood test with the nurse today, and hopefully, he will be assertive enough to get an appointment with the GP to tell him how bad he is feeling.

I will let you know, if I find anything out.

Kathyx