Author Topic: Day from heck  (Read 2386 times)

navydad

Day from heck
« on: October 09, 2008, 12:23:48 PM »
In the past I would love to work out of a bucket truck repairing street lights here at work, so today since it was a nice autumn sunny day the powers that be decided that today would be a good day,, it was OK in the morning,, then the sun came out and I was literally frying,, my autonomic neuropathy must be getting worse,, I was cooking and not sweating,, my joints ache so bad and my eyes feel like they melted,, my stomach is a mess and I am pretty sure just from the symptoms I have celiac,, I need to get tested for that,, but my stomach just doesn't work right anymore,, and I get to work over this evening for a few hours,, I was the low man on hte totem pole and have to stay,, the idea of explaing a  auto immune disease wasting my precious breath,, I;m just so tired,,

Dolly Dimples

Re: Day from heck
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 03:24:42 PM »
  Dear Navy Dad,  I feel so sad to read how you are feeling right now, I do hope this dark patch will go soon and that you can get to a more comfortable state..  Wish I could give some advice that would help, but try to keep up with your medics and tell them exactly how bad you feel..  There are many on here that have been where you are at this time, and wish you better days.. Dolly.

pudmott

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 07:24:12 PM »
Navydad ,
you are going through such a hard time at the moment, ny heart goes outto you. Its so hard having to drag your butt into work everyday feeling the way you do. And knowing you have no option but to work makes it even harder. I hope they get you sorted soon and you can get to a point of welness

I will keep sending out positive thoughts that you get through this phase and bounc back and they find out whats happening. Try and take it easy if you can.

Pud

songbird

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 08:41:07 PM »
Im so sorry for you navydad. I just had this conversation with my dr this week about trying to get some relief and trying keep my job. ....and I have a desk job! Sure dont know how in te world you do it. I cant imagine~! You have it so much harder than me and my heart and prayers are going out to you tonight! I sure dont have any answers and I know the frustration of going to the doctors office over and over and over again and them not really offering much either. Hope you can get some help soon!
Songbird

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 08:53:14 PM »
navydad, It sounds you had a rotten day. These hard days are the pits. Wish that you could get your you disease straightened out and get some improvement. Are you still doing the IVIG? Hope you don't have to do that job again. Can you get a note from your doc limiting the work you do. Maybe limit to mildy strenuous. Irish ;D

beverley

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 07:25:30 AM »
Navydad, as I read your description I was living it with you!  I have days just like this in the classroom and I feel like I am slowly curling up into a little ball (figuratively - I don't really).  I do hope you have recovered enough to face another day.  I would love to reduce work and cannot, and I imagine you are in a similar situation.  It is very hard - I hope you have someone understanding by your side.
Beverley