Author Topic: Blue nails?  (Read 5811 times)

Heather Bell

Re: Blue nails?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 12:34:42 AM »
Hi Kathy
I have the blue nails and lips from time to time, Irish is right it is more likely to happen when your bodies demand for O increases, such as when you have just eaten. I have had lots of heart and lung investigations, lungs are fine but the docs can not agree about my heart, so they are doing that great medical favourite of wait and see. On the positive side I have had this for years and it has not killed me yet.
Something else to look out for is a mottled pattern on the skin, this can also be a sign of low O levels.
Can I suggest you keep a diary of all the times this happens and what if anything preceded it, all the docs like this kind of info but in my experience the heart and lungs docs find it very helpful.
Hope your in the pink today.

gr8nammy

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 01:34:32 AM »
For me the fingernails are from time to time  blueish, but, toenails, always a blue to purple look...gotta be an O2 issue wouldnt yall think?

Patze

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 04:21:35 AM »
Hi Heather, I do agree with you and the others about the lack of O2 and blue digits/lips; I did ask the pulmonalogist and he looked at my hands and asked me if I've heard of Renaud's and to go talk to the rheumy. 

About the mottled pattern on the skin (all my limbs get this now), the way I understand it, if it's blue, it could be an O2 issue, but if it's red, it could be a type of vasculitis.  Now my question is what if you get both?  Hummm, maybe someone with a lot more knowledge about this will stop by and clarify the issue a bit.

I tell you, I don't want another critter in the old body that I have to worry about, I have enough already! ;D

Hi Kathy, I would see if your doctor will recommend you for a sleep study, you'd be surprised at many problems a lot of have just trying to get a decent nights sleep!  Oh, JannaLee is right, we would so miss your sense of humor. :D

Take care -

Patze
Our home page  http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html
Live chats  http://sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it - Confucius

The important thing is not to stop questioning ~ Albert Einstein ~

Sero Negative Queen

gr8nammy

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 04:02:22 AM »
POOH YOU HAVE A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR THERE  oops sorry bout the caps

Lacey1981

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 05:48:35 AM »
hey I would tell my Dr. about it but I also have a heart murmur (not sure what kind your is may be diff than mine) I"have things w/ blue nails and lips since forever and was always told by my Dr. that it is from the murmur and not to really worry about it. For me only really happens when I"m really cold. Definitely tell you Dr. about it though it may just be that you have smurf ancestors and don't even know it
I was also going to mention Renaud's. My mom has it but it causes her hand to turn red then white not blue and it's her whole hand. But I guess it could cause your fingernails to turn blue