Author Topic: Young with Sjogrens  (Read 7350 times)

kcoffiner

Young with Sjogrens
« on: May 14, 2008, 05:37:36 PM »
I am only 26 and have had Sjogrens for 1 yr now. Probably have had it for yrs but was asymptomatic. I have already posted in the e-pals but was wondering if they are any other youngens on this board who want to chat. I would love to have someone my age to chat with about life with Sjogrens. Please let me know.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: Young with Sjogrens
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 05:40:22 PM »
You're probably in luck! There are several young uns use the site now. I'm not one of them but I'm sure you'll get replies.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

joi603

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 06:49:35 PM »
HI, Sometimes I dont feel young but I am 29yr old w/ sjogrens...I was DX 4 yrs ago. Feel free to contact me directly but also know that eveyone here is like family. They can all relate in some way or another.

DanzGrl

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 10:40:20 AM »
I'm not so young, but I'm 30, been diagnosed for a couple of years now. Feel free to email me.. Have a great weekend

Allison

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 01:04:13 PM »
Hi, I am also 26.  I was diagnosed when I was 18...had symptoms from age 12 on but not one doctor recognized it until I was 18.  They all thought it was in my head.  Now I feel like i'm young, but in an old person's body.  I would love to chat with you.

deina

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 02:12:02 AM »
I'm 28 and I've been diagnosed about a year ago, though problems started about 7-8 years ago. Fortunately it's not that bad for me, lots of people have worse problems with Sjogren. :)

wordnerd

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 11:20:29 PM »
I'm 24, and have had mild symptoms my whole life, been "sick" for the last 7 years or so, and been diagnosed since last October.  I would love to chat, but I can't actually get into the chat room right now (my only internet access is blocking it but hopefully I'll be able to chat again soon).  I'd love to exchange PMs or emails or whatever.

Take care!

-Lauren

joyous

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 01:12:02 PM »
Hi Im 22yrs old, I was diagnosed just this year but have had symptoms for about 4-5 yrs. I would love to chat... you can always contact me on msn joyous8@hotmail.co.uk...

take care
joyous :)

kcoffiner

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 02:29:03 PM »
I am so happy to have a good turnout. When I was first dx'd it was hard because there was no one my age I could relate to. It is good knowing that I am not alone.

teachinginca

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 11:24:20 AM »
Me too. I'm 28. I was diagnosed about a year ago, but I saw the 1st symptoms (on & off) since I was 21.  I don't have really bad symptoms either - mostly dry mouth issues, sometimes a swollen parotid gland, & occcasional fatigue. 
I'm now expecting....I'm 7 weeks along. I'm feeling pretty positive about it. Sometimes the SJS symptoms "go away" during pregnancy, so that is what I banking on.  I'm always worried - part of my personality - but we're chugging along just fine at the moment. You can follow my story on the "pregnancy" board. I love to hear from other young people too.
It can be isolating, and I wonder what people at work think. I imagine everything from "She's faking it - slacker" to "Oh my god, I'm staying away from her. Who knows what she's got". That kind of sucks, but I'm happy with my life and family, so I just try not to worry about what they might be thinking. It's nice to know that we're not alone, but I wish we weren't scattered all over the world. I'd love to actually meet someone in my boat.

~Melissa
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 11:29:02 AM by teachinginca »

Sandra

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 08:21:37 PM »
I am 46 years young  ;D. However I was only 18 when the wheels started coming off. I have multiple auto immune issues. It is trully amazing just how strong and amazing the human body is, so much can go wrong and yet I wake up everyday and do plenty. Lots of times it's easy to think of all we've lost, as it's in our face everyday. But I like to think of all the things I've gained too. Like compassion, understanding, patience, greatfulness, and to never ever take anything for grantide, acceptance. And because of all that the leap from health/youth to ageing isn't going to be near the shock/scarey as in some I have seen that have been well their entire lives. Take Care Sandra

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 08:40:24 PM »
Sandra, You have said it all!!!! Irish ;D

ia

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 08:21:29 AM »
Hi! I'm 23 and was recently diagnosed with Sjögrens (although I've had symptoms since I was 17) I am very happy to have found this forum, a lot of useful information around here. Also, I was hoping to find some other young people with Sjögrens and seems I was lucky in that aspect  ;)

stegello08

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 06:31:57 PM »
Hi and Welcome to Sjogrens World!

I am 22, and I found out I had sjs when I was 20, and pregnant with my daughter. I can relate with teachinginca because we have the same systems. Since February, my left parotid gland has stayed swollen, and I have dry eyes, dry mouth, and fatigue. I am thankful I know have any serious systems, but the ones I do have are a nuisance. If you have any questions, just ask. There are so many people to help you with every subject imaginable on here.

Take care!