Author Topic: I had a Vitamin Infusion Today & Will Again Friday  (Read 2625 times)

eyeamdry

I had a Vitamin Infusion Today & Will Again Friday
« on: May 07, 2008, 04:45:46 PM »
Hi everyone, 
Most of you know I've been pooped for the past year or so following my diagnosis of Sjogrens and quickly followed by a cancer diagnosis (surgery and radiation).  I believe it's the radiation that knocked the crap out of me, but it's hard to be certain.  The cancer meds they started me on to block estrogen also made me very ill for about 3 months.  I changed cancer pills and the Tamoxifen is better.  I am so tired or lying in bed 3/4 of the time.  Hubby does 85% of everything without complaint.  My GP has given me "Meyers Cocktail" infusions in the past to see if it will pep me up.  Well, I've always thought it does, but these are not something you can do all the time.

I am, however, going on my own trial of this.  It's officially called the Gaby-Meyers Cocktail and is basically just vitamins.  I tried to find a proper link that would give just enough info to tell you what it was.  I am in no way urging others to try this.  This is between you and your doctor(s).  My rheumy said she had never heard of this, but I see her next week and will take info on it.  I can't believe she hasn't heard of it as she is sort of homeopathic.  My GP does a lot of homeopathic stuff, which I do not usually partake.  I like pills for my stuff, regular pills, and am not into naturopathy.  But, this vitamin cocktail seems to give me energy and make me feel better.  Problem is, I've been anemic recently, hypo on thyroid, low on Carnitine and a bunch of stuff I've never been low on.  Oh, and Vitamin D.

I am having another of these IV's to try and "jumpstart" me and see if I can go regularly maybe once a week for a month or two and see if I feel any better.  I will let y'all know.  You do have to keep them up to a certain extent and could maybe go once a month or even less, depending how you feel.  My doc has not urged me to get these recently.  I'm the one who calls and makes the appointment.  Funny thing is as soon as they put in the IV, you can "taste" vitamins in your throat!  It tastes just like you've swallowed a bunch of vitamin pills.  I'll report on my progress as this is my mission to see if these are worth my time and $$.  Insurance does pay all but $25 of it.  It wasn't like this until recently, as you had to pay the whole thing and I can't afford it.  Lucy

http://www.wrightnewsletter.com/etips/ht200504/ht20050418.html

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: I had a Vitamin Infusion Today & Will Again Friday
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 08:26:30 PM »
Lucy, I am sorry to hear that you are "a quart low" and hope that these infusions do the trick. I can't imagine having the vitamin taste in your mouth. Remember the thick yellow vitamins that we gave our kids---smelled and tasted terrible.

Will be interesting to see how much you perk up. I would bet there are some vitamin B complex in there also. Keep us posted. Irish ;D