Author Topic: Please pray for me!!!  (Read 5512 times)

wordnerd

Re: Please pray for me!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 03:26:17 PM »
Stephanie,

As someone who was sick during my whole time in college, I would highly recommend you let your professors know what's going on and get extensions or take incompletes as needed.  Its also really important to acknowledge your limitations and plan accordingly.  That was something I wasn't able to do while I was still in school.  As a result, I lost my scholarship and financial aide and have no degree.  Don't forget to take care of yourself and listen to what your body needs.  Hang in there!

-Lauren

stegello08

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 05:28:14 PM »
Scottie....I wasn't told I have bugs in my stomach, but is that what bacteria in the stomach mean???? If so, OMG Gross! lol

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 05:30:56 PM »
No - not bugs - I should have said bacteria! We all have bacteria in our stomachs - it's just we can also get ones we don't want - and H-Pylori is one of them. I'm sure there are others!

:)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Rambling Rose

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 11:04:45 AM »
Stephanie,

I'm joining the voices who are thinking of you.  I will second what a couple of people have said.  You are eligible for accommodations in the states due to a health condition under section 504.  If your university has a center where they provide services for the disabled by all means go talk to them and request a 504 meeting.  You will be amazed at the power of the law.  Your classes can be extended, time extended and material or notes gotten to you if you miss class due to illness.

I've always used words stolen from an old song as my mantra....they are, simply "I'm still standin'"  I am, and so are you.  While some days may feel like you're at the bottom of a dark pit, it's one step at a time, one hour at a time, and then one day at a time. 

Hang in there.  While there isn't a great prize for completing school on time, there is one for remaining standing!

Bonnie

stegello08

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 04:23:24 PM »
Thank you all. I am doing much better now thanks to all of the prayers and good thoughts.

Rambling Rose-I will have to check into the 504 law. I do go to school online so I think they are a bit more strict. The day an assignment is due, I have 3 days after that to have it done, or I don't receive credit. I'm about to start some new classes, so I am very much looking forward to the new start.

Scottie- Okay, that's a relief. I have heard of people getting worms, but I'm glad that's not my case.

Rambling Rose

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 05:21:41 PM »
Stephanie,

Here's another thought.  Try searching for an ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) office in your area.  A former student of mine, who happens to be deaf and well into adulthood, had trouble with a private computer school here.  I told him I wasn't sure which laws, if any, applied beyond school age, and he found an ADA office here and contacted them.  These are federal laws and they applied in his case.  So don't give it up without a fight.  You do have rights, it's just a matter of finding out how to claim them.  That probably has even bigger teeth than section 504....I had a momentary loss of marbles when I wrote and omitted that one.

Bonnie

lacazu

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 08:02:40 PM »
Hi Stephanie,I'm Lauren,a newbie who isn't 100% sure yet if I have sjogrens or not. But what I DO know is how the more I push past my limits of stress or activity,the more my body rebels. Every time there is a stressful event,such as going through nursing school,or planning my wedding,fights or tension with loved ones etc.,I am bombarded with symptoms and pain. I have learned to take life a little easier-dont' get me wrong,I work part time as a nurse in a nursing home have two children,two dogs two cats a hubby and a house,but I just try not to stress too much.I'm relly good at procrastinating.My house is clean,but there are toys everywhere.The kids always have clean,ironed clothes to wear-but there are 3 loads wating to be washed.Being,or getting organized stresses me out,so I fly by the seat of my pants. I try to make plans as little as possible,because I never know how I'll feel on the day I have made a commitment. What I'm trying to say is,"Do what you can,but don't beat yourself up if you can't.Pushing too hard has a way of backfiring-so what if things get accomplished a little slower,at least you are moving forward-push yourself TOO hard and you might be at a standstill,or even moving backward!I will pray for your Granny too-mine is very sick also(Alzhiemers ,cardiac issues, and pyoderma gangrenosum(an AI disease that causes her to have giant oozing sores all over her body and severe arthritis) so I know how you are feeling. Hang in there and don't be to hard on yourself. Things have a way of working out.

stegello08

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008, 08:11:26 PM »
Lacazu,

Thank you, and Welcome to the world of Sjogrens! (whew...mouthfull)

Anyway, I am learning to take an easy, and not push myself so much. Things have gotten a bit better. My biggest concern right now is getting through this next week of classes. I start new ones next week, so I have finals this week. I also need to make sure I don't slack at work. My big boss is coming down at anytime, so staying focused in the workplace is important. As far as y kids, my husband is taking care of that for me. He stays at home with them now while I work. It cooks, cleans, and helps with anything else I need. I am so proud of him, and he does a great job at being "Mr. Mom."

Thanks for your encouragement, and welcome again!

nice gal

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 10:46:04 AM »
Oops, scratch my last post to you in the Gaviscon thread, Scottie!  ;D

qtpie1135

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 05:03:53 PM »
Hi Stephanie,

I am sending lots of prayers, thoughts, hugs, love, and well wishes your way! Please keep us posted!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Sylvia