Author Topic: Sjogren's and Bulging Cervical Disk  (Read 3067 times)

mompain

Sjogren's and Bulging Cervical Disk
« on: May 01, 2008, 07:41:45 PM »
I had an appointment with my neurologist today and after looking at my cervical symptoms, he ordered an MRI with and without contrast.  I have been having alot of pain in my neck,  shoulder, and down my arm to my hand.  The radiologist said that I had a herniated disk and the doctor said he would call and discuss everything with me. 

I wonder if anyone else has had cervical problems with their Sjogren's and have you had any surgeries or things done to relieve the pain.  I am just concerned about how the body reacts to things such as this when a person has Sjogren's.  After reading many of your posts, it seems as if our bodies react differently to things like this.  My neurologist didn't really comment on the fact that I had Sjogren's or how it might affect me.  Are neurologist very familiar with Sjogren's? 

I enjoy reading everyone's posts and thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge with me.

Pooh

Re: Sjogren's and Bulging Cervical Disk
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »
Hi Mompain,
Sorry I missed your post last evening, I'm afraid I was remiss.  I do think we all react differently to not only pain, but healing from cuts, burns and surgery.  Some of us can bounce back in the normal amount of time, while others of us take twice as long.

When I had intensive surgery on my ankle, the normal healing time should have been 3 to 4 months.  It took me from December to September to get back to my normal every day things. 

It all depends on the individual and the type of illness or surgery. 

I hope all goes well with your cervical problem.  I deal with that pain daily so I know what you must be going through.  Mine is not caused by bulging disks, but from Osteoarthritis and several tramaus over the years. 

Hugs, Pooh

Jag

Re: Sjogren's and Bulging Cervical Disk
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 11:12:43 AM »
I have to agree with Pooh. I think that cervical disk surgery is different from lumbar disk surgery, but I had a big surgery on my lumbar area, and am still having huge problems with it. Pain being the number one thing. The radiation down my legs is gone, but the back pain is worse now than before. It's been seven months, but I guess this is just what I'm left with. I know that there is a lot of controversy with low back surgery that I don't think is a problem with cervical surgery. I haven't met any doc yet who has any good knowledge of SJS, so I would arm yourself with knowledge beforehand. Good luck to you!

Jag