Author Topic: OT: PRAYERS PLEASE  (Read 8054 times)

sandy58

Re: OT: PRAYERS PLEASE
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 05:37:49 AM »
Tracy,
I'm very sorry to near about about your son. We will keep him in our prayers and pray that the Lord has some higher purpose we know nothing about. I know your heart is breaking and I will pray for God to give you strength.

Love and prayers, Sandy

salsen

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 11:28:39 AM »
Tracy - I will keep your son in my prayers.  May angels watch over him and keep him safe.  I will also pray for strength for you and your family.  Your son will stay strong through the strength, love and support of his family.  May God Bless you and yours.

kimbo

• Love never fails
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 08:57:00 PM »
Tracy,  My sister left our area of NW AR this afternoon, she is in my nephew's truck headed for Ft Brag in NC to join all the families of the 82nd air born troop as they are returning home from Afghanistan duty of 18ms. This will be a welcoming home celebration. Every single one of them is returning home safe. As I give PRAISE to this coming home I will Place your son in my prayers for his return home to you. May you feel tightly wrapped in the arms of our almighty God.  And I pray strength, courage and a wall of protection for your son and all who serve with him that they also return safely home in due time.
kimbo
Diagnosed March of 2007. SJS/ RA Positive at 80  International-SSA strongly positive at 811-SSB 273
ANA positive at 1:1280
Hashimoto's
Gabapentin, propanol, Celebrex, Synthroid, Cytomel, vitamin D, B complex, Omega 3 complex, and multi vitamins; At 62, I seem to be a low maintenance sjog

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2008, 11:46:32 AM »
Tracy,
   I'm sure that I'm not the only member here who cried while reading your posts.  As a mother of sons, I can only imagine your fear and grief.   I will pray for him and for your family as you are separated.   
   Maybe his leaving a year early will be worthwhile when he finishes his tour of duty a year earlier, too.  In the meantime, I know it will be a long wait for you. 
Hugs and Prayers,
Cheryl
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

ktfabian

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 04:40:13 PM »
I just want to say thank you again. Your prayers mean so much to me.  I'm reading the Joyce Meyer book and my husband and I went to a new church this weekend.  We decided we needed a church that will help us with the life we're living now, today, rather than one focused on the past.

My son seems to be handling this the best.  Today we were talking and I said something like, I always wondered (in the past) if you were deployed, would I be able to handle it?  And he replied - not to be a (well, I don't want to use his word, let's just say a wise *ss), but you're going to find out now.  He wasn't mean about it, just pointing out that we're dealing with it and we'll continue to deal with it as best we can.

I've adopted a soldier through the Soldier's Angels program.  It's an organization that arranges for an "angel" to write and send care packages to a service member who isn't receiving any mail.  These service people are usually nominated by someone in their unit.  I know my family will keep my son well equipped with goodies and treats from home, so I wanted to do that for someone who for whatever reason isn't.  I can't really explain how, but it's helping me feel better.

Thanks again, your kindness is amazing!
Tracy

salsen

Re: OT: PRAYERS PLEASE Question on the Soldier's Angel program
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 05:43:47 PM »
Can you please give info on the Soldier's Angel program.  I have not heard of this.  Is it nation wide.  I sure would love to look into this program.  Thanks for your help.

ktfabian

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 09:18:49 PM »
Salsen-

I found the Soldier's Angels program by accident.  I was trying to come up with a list of donation ideas for goodie boxes the Family Readiness Group of my son's National Guard Unit are going to send to all of our deployed soldiers.  my therapist has arranged for donation boxes to be placed at the rehab hospital where he works, and suggested I put a list of items that we're looking for.

When I did my search for donations, I don't even remember now what my search criteria were, I came across soldiersangels.org. As I read about this organization I was amazed.  One aspect of the organization is getting the names of soldiers who are not receiving mail for whatever reason, and match them up with "Angel's" who commit to writing two letters a week and sending at least one care package a month to their soldier.

They do SO much more, but adopting a soldier just really struck a chord with me, so I did it.  I've already written my first letter and have my first care package ready to mail.  I can't really explain why it's helping me, but it is.

I hope this information helps you, Tracy

loulou

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 11:59:46 AM »

Traceu

I have got your son in my prayers, i pray for his safety. I pray for you and your family at this tense time. I have a nephew who has been sent to irag a couple of times already, he is only 21. I pray for all our soldiers, i pray that war will end soon.

God bless

loulou
primary sjogrens, primary biliary cholangitis, auto-immune hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis gerd.hiatus Hernia, cold feet, no tears, lacrilube, celluvisc, thyroxine, ursofalk, gabapentin, omerprazole.

ktfabian

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 03:04:31 PM »
Loulou-

Thank you for your prayers.  I'll be keeping your nephew in my prayers, as well.  Isn't it amazing how young these young men and women who are fighting this was are?  My son is 19, he'll be 20 by the time he goes.

We were just talking last night, and I told my son that, the way the Army has messed up orders so much within his Unit (my older son's roommate is in the same Unit and actually deployed 2 months later than originally planned) maybe they won't be sent yet when a new president takes office, and if we're lucky, maybe the new president will decide to send no more soldiers there.  It's a nice idea, but not really fair to the soldiers already there waiting to come home.  I can dream, though, right?

My very best to you and your nephew, Tracy

salsen

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 10:12:57 PM »
Tracy thanks for the information and the website.  I will be looking into the program.  God Bless!

Shari

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2008, 08:46:23 PM »
Yes you can dream~~~And helping someone or showing kindness allways makes us feel better. In your case you know that you would hope that there will be kindnesses extended to your son also...that there are mothers out there taking care wherever needed.   Love Shari