Author Topic: OT: PRAYERS PLEASE  (Read 8066 times)

ktfabian

OT: PRAYERS PLEASE
« on: April 23, 2008, 11:25:32 AM »
The news I really hoped I would never get came today...my son Alex. aged 19, got a call from his unit that he's on the list to go to Iraq.  Please pray this is a mix up as he took on a long  agreement with the PA Army National Guard so that he could study for 2 years, then be available for deployment.  He hasn't even finished his first year.  He looks like a dear caught in the headlights of a very big car, and I'm afraid I look like a very moist dish rag right now.  I don't want to go bawling my eyes out in front of him, but I really need to bawl my eyes out.  There's no lack to moisture in this girls face today.

Not that any soldier deserves to be there any more than mine, but please, if you're a praying person, pray that this is a mistake and he gets another year and the clearer head of a new government leader before he has to go over there.

One very upset Mama, Tracy

Cricket

• My Cancer Journey
Re: OT: PRAYERS PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 11:37:52 AM »
Tracy
What you are going through must be terrible, I will pray for him and for you.

There is a good book my SIL gave me when I was going through some stuff it is:  Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer.  It helps us to put things in God's hands, maybe it would help you.

I wish the war would end so all our boys would come home.

Try to stay strong and know you can always come here to vent and ask for prayers.
Cricket
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

faithful

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 11:50:21 AM »
Tracy, my son is a newly U.S. Marine and is due to go to Iraq too.  I too have had to give him to the Lord. 
THe Joyce Meyer's book is a good one. 
I do pray for our troops and I will pray for your son and comfort for you.
Faithful

ktfabian

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 11:52:26 AM »
Thanks Cricket,

I'll go look for the book as it just became definite, he's going.  Every promise they made him - broken.  Thanks for the good wishes and the book suggestion.  I'll need all I can get.

Faithful, If you can help me learn how to give my son to the Lord, I'd be very greatful.  You can write to me off list at ktfabian2@yahoo.com
Tracy

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 12:17:38 PM »
Hi Tracy

I feel for you. It seems all wrong that you can sign up and be lied to. I hope the lies can be challenged and that he doesn't have to go. If he does have to go I hope he's one of the many who gets home safely.

Take care - Scottie
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Katybarstool

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 12:54:33 PM »
Hi Tracy

My heart goes out to you. I'm in the UK and have three young adult sons. I thank God that, beause of a history of epilepsy, two cannot be called up and the third one had an auto-immune condition, so he can stay at home too.

I will pray for you boys.

Kathyx

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 04:39:59 PM »
Tracy I prayed for both of you. LOOK in God's Holy Word.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

lynnmarie219

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 04:48:35 PM »
Hi Tracy...I am so sorry for what you are going through. I can feel the pain in your words!

My only nephew/godson just graduated from the Marines Basic Training on December 7th 2007. I went to San Diego to see him officially become a Marine. He then went for additional field training in San Diego and then on to his classroom training in North Carolina.

He is "positive" he wont be sent right into the middle of things now because thats what he was told...he's supposed to  work his job for a while and get all of his classroom training in first.....well so far thats whats happened....but I hold my breath in fear waiting for the day when I hear that he got his orders to deploy. So many others who graduated around his time are going and I know its only a matter of time.

But the way I look at it is that it was his decision to serve his country and if he has to go I will pray for his safe return, be proud of him, and turn him over to my higher power.

I continue to pray for all of our men and women overseas and wish for all of their safe returns and I will do the same for your son. Hugs to you.......   

genko_b

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 05:25:23 PM »
Dear Tracy:

It is very difficult as a mother to hear that your child will be sent into battle, I know. My son was one of the first into Iraq in March 2003, and was in three battles in short order - Samawah, Fallujah, and Baghdad. He came back with injuries and PTSD, but alive. Some of his friends were not so fortunate, and we never forget that. Our country is blessed with very special sons and daughters.

I will include your son in my prayers for everyone involved in this conflict, and in every conflict before and since.

Genko

stegello08

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 06:09:07 PM »
I love Joyce Meyer's. I have her amplified Bible and it's great!

Tracy, my son is a newly U.S. Marine and is due to go to Iraq too.  I too have had to give him to the Lord. 
THe Joyce Meyer's book is a good one. 
I do pray for our troops and I will pray for your son and comfort for you.
Faithful

Annj5

• Reasonably Well
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 07:10:34 PM »
Tracy,

You can add my prayers to the rest here. Here's a long distance hug from one mom to another! Do you have a good support system around you? I sincerely hope that your son comes home safely SOON. Will he be able to email you once he's deployed?

Keep us posted as to how he - and you - are faring with all this.

LenV

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 06:07:52 PM »
This family will hold you in their prayers.  I don't really know what to say except that I'll pray for him.

Billye

ktfabian

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 06:54:17 PM »
Thank you to all, your prayers mean so much to me.

I've ordered the book recommended and one other by the same author.  I've seen her on TV once or twice before and thought both times that she seemed like a straight forward talker.

I have to say, as each day gets closer to my son's first official training for this mission next week - I can see the change. He is becoming once again the mature young soldier we met for the first time when we traveled to his Basic training  Graduation just about a year ago.  He's already worked out the fact that he will miss finals for this semester - he will receive a final grade for each class even tho he'll be down at Fort Indiantown Gap in PA next Tuesday.  There's a new maturity that's focused on helping his Dad and I get through this, rather than being concerned about himself.  He assures me he'll be with his brothers and well taken care of.  I'm falling apart and he's coming together as probably the strongest young man I've ever seen him be.

I guess we'll both get through.  I appreciate knowing I have your support here, I'm definitely going to need is - I'll do my best not to let the stress affect my Sjs, but I'm not sure how successful I'll be.

Thanks to all, Tracy

Shari

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 08:50:17 PM »
Tracy~~Prayers to both you and your son~~~And may all of the sons and daughters stay safe and come home soon.  Love   Shari

wordnerd

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 04:07:06 AM »
Tracy,

I'll be keeping you, your family, and your son in my thoughts.  *hugs*

I graduated high school in 2001 and several of my friends signed up for one of the armed forces.  I don't think it occurred to them or any of us at the time that they'd be facing armed combat so soon.

Take care!

-Lauren