Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 3806 times)

joi603

Thank you
« on: April 06, 2008, 05:46:02 AM »
 3 years ago I had this strange word thrown at me, sjogrens. I have never heard of it, and it scared me even more to know my mom is a nurse and she wasn't familiar with it either. I didn't know anyone with it. Many times I asked, why me, I'm on in my 20's. and there no cure?!?! Its very scary.  I still am not completely comfortable with it, therefor I don't tell anyone that I have it. Its my secret, my b/f thinks I'm crazy but I just don't want people to know, I'm afraid they will look at me or treat me differently. (which inside I know thats not the case) Maybe when I am more comfortable with it, I will feel more comfortable telling people.   But until that time comes, I'm extremly thankful that sjogrens world exists.

I'm sorry that you have to deal with the not know everyday how you will feel and all the terrible things that this brings, but the same time, its nice to know that I'm not alone.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for being here, here to support, here to answer and most impt. here to listen and comfort.

Thank you.
Joyce

Waldop

Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 07:17:44 AM »
We thank you, Joyce. It's sad that we had to get to know one another under such circumstances. We have learned to cope with what we deal with everyday, so naturally, those of us who can share those things, are closest to us. I do hope you're feeling okay??

You take care and keep the faith.

hugs
Barrie

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 09:29:27 AM »
Hi Joyce  :)

I think we all feel the same way. The women who set this site up have just done more good than they know.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Pooh

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 09:38:04 AM »
Joyce, no thanks necessary, but it's very nice to know that what all the members and staff do here is appreciated.  It is the owners who provided this site and the members that make it a great place to come. 

The moderators meerly guide you on occasion to find more information.  As you become more familiar with the site and members, you will also contribute and become a bigger part of this family.

Thank you though for letting us all know that what we all do is a good thing.

Pooh

lynnmarie219

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 12:47:08 PM »
Hi Joyce,

Thanks for letting us all know how much you feel that this site has helped you in not feeling so alone and isolated from others. I felt the same way when I first diagnosed as I had no idea what Sjogrens was and knew of no one who had it that I could talk for questions, guidance or support.

Then I found everyone here and felt completely at home and have since made friends that I truly feel comfortable talking to  about how I feel from day to day! I have been here for awhile now and I still continue to learn new things EVERY day and love to meet all the new people that come here.

Thanks to all of you for being a part of Sjogrens World! Hugs......