Author Topic: Stress = Pain  (Read 4760 times)

melnell99

Stress = Pain
« on: April 03, 2008, 10:26:47 PM »
So I know it has been a while, and I miss you all a bunch. 

Since last on... (Sounds like a start of a soap opera).  I have been working at my new job as the Clinic Administrator for the urgent care in my town.  I have been working 60 hour weeks and stressed out, short staffed, and stressed. 

My joints have been very bad for the last 3 week and I finally went to my Dr. who said - Stress = Pain.  Well DUH why didn't I think of that... anyway I am looking at going back to school for my accounting degree so I can get a nice 8-5 job. 

I will be back when I can -

Mel

Pooh

Re: Stress = Pain
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 10:46:13 PM »
Hi Mell, Welcome back, we missed you too.

Boy, that sounds like a demanding job you have there.  Sixty hour weeks, and did you say you were stressed?  Well geez, I can sure see why.  It's not nice to do that to Sjs.  It will get you in the end you know.

I hope you can go back to school and get that nice 8-5 job.  As a former bookkeeper though, I remember quite a bit of stress attached to accounting. ;D

Anyway, it's good to see you.  Take care and come when you can, always glad to see you.

Hugs, Pooh

Shari

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 06:52:02 AM »
Yes, good to see you Mel and hope that you do find your way to a less stressful situation!!  Keep well and check back when you can. We will be thinking of you!

~~Shari~~

lynnmarie219

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 09:47:16 PM »
Hi Mel,

Welcome back......I can definitely see why you have the extra stress with your current job! I hope you find your way to a less stressful lifestyle soon.........cuz it does kick our butts when we have too much "craziness" in our lives at home and/or at work.I am in the middle of going through that myself right now and all I know is that something has to give and soon....as the stress is starting to take its toll on me and the old body is starting to retaliate!  ;)

Check back in when you find some time...take good care of yourself!   

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 10:11:35 PM »
Mel, Nice to hear from you. I am surprised that you are alive and kicking with the job you have. Being a nurse I can just imagine what you go through trying to get people to do what they should, when they should and keep them all happy at the same time. Lilke that will every happen!!!!

I have one question though!!! Administration = stress = pain= fatigue and on and on!!

Accounting = budgets = collections = audits = tax time = stress = pain = fatigue and so the story goes.

The bottom line is that just about any job causes stress and it just depends on what type of job we have and how it affects our life. I wish you the best of luck.  So now you will work 60 hours a week and go to school and study another 20 hours a week????? Wow, you are one tough cookie. Come and visit and let us know how you are feeling and how school is going. Irish ;D

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 10:31:22 PM »
Hi Mel  :)

50 hours a week is a lotta hours! I don't know how you do it. That would bring me to my knees! I hope you can cut down a bit and get some rest.
It's nice to see you whenever you can make it.

Take care - Scottie :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

melnell99

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 01:04:22 PM »
Thanks all for words of wisdom... I have a lead on a job that would be great.  It is the personal assistant to the owner of a car dealership here in town.  Anyway I will let you know how I am doing...

On a good note - I haven't "HAD" to see my Rheumy for a year!!!   Now if I get my act together and lesson my stress, I can make that keep going.

Mel